The Trump family are never too far from the day's headlines - this latest report from Closer Weekly is more worrying than most.
According to the Associated Press, Donald Trump Jr.'s wife was hospitalised on Monday, Feb. 12 as a precaution after she opened up a suspicious piece of mail that contained an unidentified white powder.
The news outlet reports that the substance was not dangerous or hazardous.
However, Vanessa called 9-1-1 from the couple's NYC apartment (two other people went to the hospital with her) after she started coughing and feeling nauseous upon opening the letter, which was addressed to President Donald Trump's eldest son.
Luckily, at the time of the incident, the couple's five kids, Kai, 10, Donald III, 8, Tristan, 6, Spencer, 5, and Chloe, 3, were not home.
Nobody from the Trump family or organisation has given an update on her condition, however, Secret Service Special Agent Jeffrey Adams released a statement regarding the incident, via AP. "The Secret Service and our law enforcement partners in NYC are investigating a suspicious package addressed to one of our protectees received today in New York, New York. This is an active investigation and we cannot comment any further," he said.
Trump's personal attorney added, "How disturbed must a person be to do what they did to a mother of five young children? This dangerous and reckless act goes beyond political differences."
This isn't the first time the Trump family has had a scare regarding a mysterious substance in their mail. In March 2016, Donald's younger son, Eric Trump, received a letter to his NYC apartment with white powder in it. On top of that, envelopes containing white powder were sent to the Trump Tower in NYC twice that same year. This whole thing is so scary — and we really hope Vanessa is ok.
- CareerRachel Hunter's spiritual awakening: Sexy, single, soulful and fabulous at 50
Woman's DayToday 7:55am
- RelationshipsA body language expert's top tips on how to introduce your new partner to your family
Now To LoveYesterday 2:34pm
- FamilyAll Black World Cup dads talk fatherhood and being away from their kids
Now To LoveYesterday 1:45pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine brought this beloved possession along with her on tour
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- RelationshipsPaula and Zane Nicholl: Matched by a radio station and still madly in love 20 years later
Now To LoveYesterday 9:55am
- WeddingsFamily feud: The heartache that looms over Bindi Irwin's wedding
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:46am
- Real LifeHow Gwyneth Paltrow was integral to the fall of Harvey Weinstein
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:39am
- Real LifeA TV series is being made about the case that still grips NZers 25 years on: The Bain murders
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:30am
- MindCould sound healing be the answer to enhancing your wellbeing?
Now To LoveOct 16, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan reveals Archie went to playgroup for the first time and ‘he loved it’
Now To LoveOct 16, 2019