The Trump family are never too far from the day's headlines - this latest report from Closer Weekly is more worrying than most.
According to the Associated Press, Donald Trump Jr.'s wife was hospitalised on Monday, Feb. 12 as a precaution after she opened up a suspicious piece of mail that contained an unidentified white powder.
The news outlet reports that the substance was not dangerous or hazardous.
However, Vanessa called 9-1-1 from the couple's NYC apartment (two other people went to the hospital with her) after she started coughing and feeling nauseous upon opening the letter, which was addressed to President Donald Trump's eldest son.
Luckily, at the time of the incident, the couple's five kids, Kai, 10, Donald III, 8, Tristan, 6, Spencer, 5, and Chloe, 3, were not home.
Nobody from the Trump family or organisation has given an update on her condition, however, Secret Service Special Agent Jeffrey Adams released a statement regarding the incident, via AP. "The Secret Service and our law enforcement partners in NYC are investigating a suspicious package addressed to one of our protectees received today in New York, New York. This is an active investigation and we cannot comment any further," he said.
Trump's personal attorney added, "How disturbed must a person be to do what they did to a mother of five young children? This dangerous and reckless act goes beyond political differences."
This isn't the first time the Trump family has had a scare regarding a mysterious substance in their mail. In March 2016, Donald's younger son, Eric Trump, received a letter to his NYC apartment with white powder in it. On top of that, envelopes containing white powder were sent to the Trump Tower in NYC twice that same year. This whole thing is so scary — and we really hope Vanessa is ok.
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry spent Valentine's Day next to a shrine dedicated to himself and Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Matthew Bennett insists losing his virginity to Lauren hasn't changed him
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayFeb 14, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 14, 2019
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019