They’re the dynamic duo hoping to overthrow the government this election year, but Labour Party leader Andrew Little and his new deputy Jacinda Ardern say their strong bond is more than just political.
In an exclusive interview with New Zealand Woman’s Weekly, the centre-left duo reveal they’ve become close friends over their shared fondness for whisky, Kiwi music and pineapple-free pizza.
“We have these great conversations, many of them about pineapple on pizza,” jokes Andrew. “I’m deeply opposed to it because it makes the pastry soggy and, honestly, would Italians really put pineapple on pizza? Jacinda definitely backs her leader on this matter.”
Nodding, Jacinda goes on to describe an anti-Hawaiian pizza post she made on social media.
“I lost and won votes on that day,” she sighs, cheekily adding, “Apparently Bill English likes pineapple on everything.”
As the pair mess around, Jacinda enjoys the chance to reveal a warm, funny side of her boss that few get to see.
“Honestly, he’s all about the dad jokes,” she says. “He doesn’t even need to think about them. When he’s on fire, they just roll out of him.”
For more from the pair, see the latest issue of New Zealand Woman’s Weekly. And don't forget to visit our Facebook page.
- Real LifeKiwi Mum's adventure: From America's Cup to Africa's Hero!
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Food & DrinksIf you love Scandi-style interiors then this latest kitchen trend is for you
Now To LoveJun 22, 2021
- TVThe Apprentice NZ's Kennedy Anderson: 'I was fired from my own company!'
Woman's DayJun 17, 2021
- Celebrity NewsMark Richardson on turning 50 and making his mark on the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 13, 2021
- TVDrag Race Down Under’s Elektra Shock: From homeless to healed
Woman's DayJun 12, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSuzanne Paul's forever glow and the lessons she's learned
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 05, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum's transformation: Jules from MAFS changed my life!'
Woman's DayJun 04, 2021
- At homeHow to create a kids room that will last through the ages
Now To LoveJun 03, 2021