Following a completely romantic proposal on a surprise day trip to Sloanes Island in Wellington, in which Tim hid the engagement ring among the crackers in the picnic basket, Catherine and Tim were married on 18 March at Sudbury, Te Horo.
The happy couple, who both grew up in Paraparaumu on the Kapiti Coast, first met in 1998 as third formers in high school, and after travelling the world on separate adventures, they ended up tying the knot 19 years later virtually in their own backyard!
In fact, the venue for their day, Sudbury – set on a 20-hectare horse farm – was so close to their childhood homes that both bride and groom prepared for their big day with nearby family.
The day itself dawned bright and sunny and the wedding (which included photos taken at Peka Peka Beach) went without a hitch, with celebrations continuing for two days, bride Catherine revealed.
"There was only one slight mishap - I accidentally set off the fire alarm in our hotel room - oops!," she laughs.
Catherine wore one of the very first wedding dresses she tried on, a vintage lace gown designed by Spanish designer Pronovias, which she purchased from Brides on Thorndon in Wellington.
But while the wedding proved a day that this couple will never forget, it's their marriage that is truly special: Says Catherine, "Tim has proven to be a loving, kind and encouraging husband. He’s a glass-half-full kind of man.”
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayToday 3:15pm
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesToday 9:30am
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsThe caring gesture that no one saw: How Duchess Catherine consoled Duchess Meghan at Wimbledon
Now To LoveYesterday 10:06am
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayYesterday 10:00am
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- TVHayley Holt reveals who her dream co-host would be and dishes on how work has affected her dating life
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:00am
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayJul 16, 2019