Following a completely romantic proposal on a surprise day trip to Sloanes Island in Wellington, in which Tim hid the engagement ring among the crackers in the picnic basket, Catherine and Tim were married on 18 March at Sudbury, Te Horo.
The happy couple, who both grew up in Paraparaumu on the Kapiti Coast, first met in 1998 as third formers in high school, and after travelling the world on separate adventures, they ended up tying the knot 19 years later virtually in their own backyard!
In fact, the venue for their day, Sudbury – set on a 20-hectare horse farm – was so close to their childhood homes that both bride and groom prepared for their big day with nearby family.
The day itself dawned bright and sunny and the wedding (which included photos taken at Peka Peka Beach) went without a hitch, with celebrations continuing for two days, bride Catherine revealed.
"There was only one slight mishap - I accidentally set off the fire alarm in our hotel room - oops!," she laughs.
Catherine wore one of the very first wedding dresses she tried on, a vintage lace gown designed by Spanish designer Pronovias, which she purchased from Brides on Thorndon in Wellington.
But while the wedding proved a day that this couple will never forget, it's their marriage that is truly special: Says Catherine, "Tim has proven to be a loving, kind and encouraging husband. He’s a glass-half-full kind of man.”
- Celebrity NewsLady Gaga has called off her engagement to Christian Carino
Now To LoveToday 1:45pm
- Married at First SightMarried At First Sight's Bronson breaks his silence on THAT comment to Ines
Now To LoveYesterday 3:36pm
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveYesterday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveYesterday 11:19am
- Married at First SightThe truth about MAFS' Sam Ball's honeymoon vanishing act - his ex-girlfriend speaks out
Now To LoveYesterday 11:10am
- RoyalsWhy Prince William and Duchess Catherine will be taking a break from their royal duties this week
Now To LoveYesterday 10:15am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayYesterday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2019
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2019