On November 11, 2017, exactly nine years on from the day they met, Melissa and Rimu Anderson tied the knot at the Surf and Sand on Ohope Beach.
After just over five years together the couple were at Cook's beach for New Year's Day when Rimu popped the question.
"Rimu asked me whether I wanted to go for a walk down to the beach and my reply was, 'no I'm ok for now, I would rather just stay here'," Melissa laughs.
After some pleading, Rimu managed to convince her to go and when they got there, he proposed with a ring-shaped shell, saying "You know I really like you..."
Recalls Melissa, "It was very unexpected and romantic and I was absolutely blown away."
With their two-year-old son Cohen beside them, as well as their closest friends and family the couple exchanged vows in a boho-themed wedding.
Although the weather was overcast and blew a gale, the couple were unfazed and say it gave their photos a touch of "moody romantic drama".
The couple, who work as dairy farmers in Waiotahe, worked hard to save for their dream wedding day.
Melissa says it was "a great feeling getting dolled up, and leaving our gumboots and overalls behind".
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyApr 22, 2019