On November 11, 2017, exactly nine years on from the day they met, Melissa and Rimu Anderson tied the knot at the Surf and Sand on Ohope Beach.
After just over five years together the couple were at Cook's beach for New Year's Day when Rimu popped the question.
"Rimu asked me whether I wanted to go for a walk down to the beach and my reply was, 'no I'm ok for now, I would rather just stay here'," Melissa laughs.
After some pleading, Rimu managed to convince her to go and when they got there, he proposed with a ring-shaped shell, saying "You know I really like you..."
Recalls Melissa, "It was very unexpected and romantic and I was absolutely blown away."
With their two-year-old son Cohen beside them, as well as their closest friends and family the couple exchanged vows in a boho-themed wedding.
Although the weather was overcast and blew a gale, the couple were unfazed and say it gave their photos a touch of "moody romantic drama".
The couple, who work as dairy farmers in Waiotahe, worked hard to save for their dream wedding day.
Melissa says it was "a great feeling getting dolled up, and leaving our gumboots and overalls behind".
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020
- CompetitionsWin the Ultimate Teeth Whitening Prize Pack thanks to Colgate Optic White
Woman's DayNov 23, 2020