High school sweethearts Jess and Chris Munro-Hill tied the knot at the Westhaven Garden outdoor chapel in Christchurch on November 5th, 2016.
After six years of being together, Chris popped the question and the high school sweethearts were on their way to becoming Mr and Mrs.
Although the proposal was expected, as Chris had told Jess the next piece of jewellery he would give her was a ring to go on her left hand, Jess says the proposal was still amazing.
The couple shared their special day with 140 of their friends and family- 80 guests attended the ceremony and then they were joined by an additional 60 for the reception at Prebbleton Hall.
Jess’ love for sparkles was evident with their theme being ‘glamorous’, and it was only fitting that the couple's special day was on Guy Fawkes, so there were plenty of sparklers to go around.
Jess even had gems added into her roses to add that little bit of extra sparkle and glamour.
After seeing an episode on Fair Go about the company that Jess had chosen for her dress ripping other brides off, panic struck. But after no response from the company for weeks Jess pushed and pushed until she eventually got through and did receive her perfect dress.
There was also drama with her bridesmaid’s dresses, which arrived in sunflower yellow (instead of purple to match the colour theme of purple, black and silver). However, again Jess persevered with the company and in the end got exactly what she wanted.
The couple and their guests spent the night eating delicious food by Kiwi Cuisine and dancing to DJ Pulse.
Their gorgeous cake from Just Desserts, which was gifted by Jess’ dad and his wife, went down a treat! They even had leftovers that they froze to enjoy at a later date.
Despite a few hiccups along the way, their special day all came together and is a day they will never forget.
Via NZ Woman's Weekly
- MoneyMoney expert Mary Holm reveals how much money you really need in the bank when you retire - and it's not as much as you think
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsFlower arranging and cute cookies: Inside Duchess Meghan's gorgeous baby shower
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- BodyKiwi teen's bizarre diagnosis: 'You have a plant growing in your ear'
Now To LoveToday 8:20am
- RoyalsWho are all the celebrity guests at Duchess Meghan's baby shower?
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- Parenting NewsZoe Marshall urges: don't kiss other people's babies on the mouth
Now To LoveYesterday 1:31pm
- RoyalsBeyonce and JAY-Z just made a surprising tribute to Duchess Meghan in their Brit Awards acceptance speech
Now To LoveYesterday 12:05pm
- Celebrity NewsCoro Street's new bad girl - Connie Hyde reveals what it's like playing Sally's sister Gina
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:22am
- TVSir David Attenborough the legend: how he's still producing groundbreaking TV series at age 92
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- RoyalsSerena Williams joins Duchess Meghan for a night out in New York City
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Elizabeth and Bronson speak out about the developing affair between Sam and Ines
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsLady Gaga has called off her engagement to Christian Carino
Now To LoveFeb 20, 2019