Ohope native Emmeline met her Scottish groom Sean at a mutual friend's birthday party when she was only 16 years old.
Five and a half years passed and on November 11, 2017, the happy couple exchanged vows in front of their friends and family.
Proposing to Emmeline was no easy task for Sean, who planned to pop the question during a holiday to Brisbane.
Sean had to enlist their flatmate – who was also flying over to Brisbane at the time - to sneak the ring over the ditch, in order to avoid Emmeline's eagle-eyes spotting it in his own suitcase whilst packing for their trip.
After meeting up with their flatmate and getting his hands back on the sparkler, Sean proposed to an unsuspecting Emmeline atop the Brisbane Ferris wheel.
The couple's nuptials were held at the Ohope International Golf Club, just over two years after the proposal.
"A favourite moment, was being able to use the golf carts to whip around the golf course for photos," bride Emmeline recalls of their magical day.
For her big day, Emmeline wore a crystal necklace that had been in her family for countless years – making her day that little bit more special.
In honour of Sean, the couple's wedding cake featured the crest of his favourite football team, Liverpool FC – who they actually saw play the day they became engaged.
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019