High school sweethearts Brandon and Katherine Hodgson tied the knot in an emotional ceremony at the Homestead and Woolshed in Omakau, on January 21, 2017.
The couple, who met during high school in 2006, were together for nine years before Brandon proposed during a trip to Melbourne with Katherine's family in 2015.
"Brandon had the stunning engagement ring made and had to keep it hidden away for a while before the family holiday to Melbourne", says Jacinda - Brandon's sister.
While out for dinner celebrating Katherine's older sister's birthday, Brandon used Katherine's bathroom break as an opportunity to ask her father Craig for his permission to marry his daughter.
Upon Katherine's return to the dinner table Brandon proposed in front of her family, presenting the ring with a cheeky, "what do you reckon?"
Two years later and the couple exchanged vows in the presence of their closest family and friends.
And it turns out it wasn't just Brandon that got misty-eyed at the sight of Katherine walking down the aisle. His groomsmen did too.
"His five groomsmen were crying like babies", Jacinca recalls.
The emotional day didn't end there; during the reception Katherines' father gave an impressive speech that had everyone in fits of laughter and, again, tears.
Brandon's best man was due to give his speech straight afterwards. but he turned to Brandon and said "mate, I don't think I can do this."
"This had the wedding party cracking up", says Jacinda.
The couple danced the night away to a live band with their nearest and dearest.
"It was a gorgeous day with memories to cherish forever", says Jacinda.
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to NYC for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019