Traditionally, the song you walk down the aisle to sets the tone for the marriage that is to follow. It will be immortalised in video and it'll come to mind when you see the photos. You'll remember it for the rest of your life - so it pays to choose carefully.
These Kiwi celebs must have known that, choosing tunes that you've almost definitely listened to before - but not always the songs you'd expect!
Scroll down to see who chose Led Zeppelin, which two couples chose Ed Sheeran, and which three chose John Legend...
Shortland Street star Beulah Koale's partner Georgia Otene walked down the aisle to A Thousand Years by Christina Perri then after the ceremony, they walked back up the aisle to Why Does Love Do This to Me by The Exponents.
All Black great TJ Perenara and his bride Greer Samuel went for 90s hit This I Promise You by 'N Sync as their special song at their surprise backyard wedding.
Newshub presenter Melissa Davies (now Melissa Chan-Green) arrived at the altar to greet her now-husband Caspar Green to the couple's special song, On the Street Where You Live from the musical My Fair Lady - then danced back up the aisle to the jazz classic In the Mood by Glenn Miller.
Black Ferns star Sarah Goss and her beau Conor Hirini chose I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz for the stunning Black Ferns captain to walk down the aisle to in their Bay of Plenty wedding at the home of her teammate Kelly Brazier.
Actress Anna Hutchison and her film producer hubby Mike Gillespie were the first of two couples on this list to pick Ed Sheeran. Anna walked to the altar while his song Tenerife Sea played at their Waiheke winery wedding.
The Bachelor NZ's Art Green greeted his bride Matilda Rice (now Matilda Green) to Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven played live by Auckland string quartet, The Black Quartet at their beachfront Waiheke wedding.
Olympic kayaker Mike Dawson and fellow kayaker Martina Wegman met at their lakeside altar to the gentle notes of All I Want is You by Barry Louis Polisar.
TV personality Erin Simpson and former Bachelor Zac Franic went a little more traditional. "Ours was very churchy", Erin tells.
Their wedding music was played live by the organist at St Patrick's Cathedral. Erin walked down the aisle to Bridal March by Richard Wagner, then the happy couple exited the church to Wedding March by Felix Mendelssohn.
"Zac's grandmother goes to church a lot - she loved it - as did we," enthused the newly-wed bride.
All Black star Ardie Savea and his highschool sweetheart Saskia Hartmann-Hechenberger's idyllic island wedding was set to Perfect by Ed Sheeran - the second couple on this list to pick Ed!
Shortland Street star Ben Barrington and his make-up artist bride Kristie Fergus chose their favourite song - November Rain by Guns N' Roses.
Impatient bride and Silver Fern Captain Katrina Grant (now Katrina Rore) had to be told to slow down as she rushed up the aisle to Joel Rore despite the slow strains of John Legend's Stay with You.
Former Black Cap Simon Doull's businesswoman bride Liana Herbert says their choice of All of Me by John Legend was "very much us."
"I'm crazy," she explains. "He's out of his mind. And he loves all my perfect imperfections. I've had bowel cancer and lots of surgeries, so I'm pretty brutally scarred and he loves who I am."
Olympian BMX star Sarah Walker walked to her now-husband Vin Elliott to the strains of All of Me by John Legend - the third couple on this list to pick John.
All Black rugby star Beauden Barrett's wife Hannah Laity (now Barrett) met him at the altar to the strains of Kygo's Firestone. They then shared their first dance to Time of my Life by Dirty Dancing.
- TVBored already? Here are five ways the men passed the time in the Bachelorette mansion
Now To LoveToday 1:25pm
- BodyDoctors and vets answer your questions on Covid-19, living in a bubble and sanitisation
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry have hired the head of their new non-profit organisation
Now To LoveToday 11:20am
- FitnessSam Hayes' adorable exercise buddy will melt your heart
Now To LoveToday 9:26am
- CompetitionsWin an Essence of Humanity skincare pack thanks to Countdown!
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ: Lesina dumps Logan... so does that mean Aaron gets the final rose?
Now To LoveYesterday 8:31pm
- FamilyParenting through Covid-19: 50 things to do with your kids during lockdown
Now To LoveYesterday 3:36pm
- FamilyJacinda Ardern adds toilet training to the mix at home amidst Covid-19 lockdown
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's two Michaels reveal why they both chose to leave the show
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- FitnessThe easy cardio workout you can do on your backyard trampoline
Good Health ChoicesMar 28, 2020
- At homeHilary Barry dons a tiara to show us how to make scones and we love it!
Now To LoveMar 27, 2020
- Real LifeCountdown launches new priority delivery service for vulnerable customers
Now To LoveMar 27, 2020
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry have reportedly left Canada for Los Angeles
Now To LoveMar 27, 2020
- BodyThe world should have been better prepared for Covid-19 says medical expert, Dr Kerryn Phelps
The Australian Women's WeeklyMar 27, 2020