It's universally acknowledged that wearing the same outfit as someone else to a social gathering is one of the most embarrassing situations you can find yourself in.
In this instance, the occasion was a wedding in Australia - where six of the wedding guests arrived in exactly the same dress. The $159.99 dress from Forever New featured a black lace pattern over white fabric, with a lace hem - and other guests could have been forgiven for thinking this group of women had formed their own unofficial wedding party.
One of the six wearers of the dress, family member Julia Mammone, saw the funny side and posted a photo of the six ladies with the bride on Forever New's Facebook page, hilariously writing:
"You really should start a bridal registry so that your customers can inquire whether anyone else has purchased one of your dresses for the same event!
"No, we are NOT the bridesmaids just the guests!"
One person commented on the photo: "Isnt it funny that 99% of guys wear the same coloured suits and that's ok but ladies dressed the same and it's usually a disaster! Love that these ladies found thr funny side."
Another wrote: "At least they all had a good sense of humour about it," whilst another added: "I remember going to a friends wedding in the UK and four of us were in the same outfit, I just went up to them and said what good taste they had!"
Well, they say "great minds..."
By Closer and Now To Love
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Pregnancy & BirthFear and panic followed by joy: The Edge's Chang Hung welcomes his much longed-for daughter
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019