It's universally acknowledged that wearing the same outfit as someone else to a social gathering is one of the most embarrassing situations you can find yourself in.
In this instance, the occasion was a wedding in Australia - where six of the wedding guests arrived in exactly the same dress. The $159.99 dress from Forever New featured a black lace pattern over white fabric, with a lace hem - and other guests could have been forgiven for thinking this group of women had formed their own unofficial wedding party.
One of the six wearers of the dress, family member Julia Mammone, saw the funny side and posted a photo of the six ladies with the bride on Forever New's Facebook page, hilariously writing:
"You really should start a bridal registry so that your customers can inquire whether anyone else has purchased one of your dresses for the same event!
"No, we are NOT the bridesmaids just the guests!"
One person commented on the photo: "Isnt it funny that 99% of guys wear the same coloured suits and that's ok but ladies dressed the same and it's usually a disaster! Love that these ladies found thr funny side."
Another wrote: "At least they all had a good sense of humour about it," whilst another added: "I remember going to a friends wedding in the UK and four of us were in the same outfit, I just went up to them and said what good taste they had!"
Well, they say "great minds..."
By Closer and Now To Love
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019