He courted the queen of tennis, and it paid off for Alexis Ohanian, who got say "I do!" to his love Serena Williams on November 16th.
Serena and Alexis got married in New Orleans in front of about 200 of their nearest and dearest including Kim Kardashian, Beyonce, Ciara, Anna Wintour, Kelly Rowland, Eva Longoria, sister Venus Williams, and the guest of honour... Their baby girl Alexis Olympia Ohanian, Jr.
Thanks to the sporting legend's A-lister guests, us mere mortals are getting a front-row peek into the lavish Disney-inspired event.
Serena, 36, donned an incredible dress by royal wedding queen Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen.
The stunning gown embodied the princess theme.
Serena chatted to Vogue about working with the designer, who created Duchess Catherine's iconic 2011 wedding outfit.
"I flew to London to meet with Sarah and ended up falling in love with the ball gown silhouette, which is completely the opposite of what I ever thought I would choose for myself," the newlywed said.
"I loved the idea of doing a really spectacular ball gown, and it has turned out to be such an incredibly special piece."
One of the peak fairytale moments throughout the day had to be when they said their vows.
The Reddit co-founder moved everyone to tears when he professed, "I will always have bad jokes that make your eyes roll; make you give me the side eye. You are the greatest of all time, not just in sport. I’m talking about as a mother, and as a wife. I am so excited to write so many more chapters of our fairy tale together.”
It's been unveiled that guests took home replica grand slam trophies as a wedding souvenir.
Friends of the pair couldn't help but also fall in love with how happy Serena and Alexis are.
Kim Kardashian West gushed about her dear friend's whirlwind romance.
“I’ve known Serena for so long and am so happy she’s found her prince,” Kim told Vogue.
“From the moment she told me she met Alexis in Rome, it was like… she’s been so happy and has this light about her that is so special to see.”
Adding, “You just know it is so real. He makes her so happy and that just makes her friends happy.”
With so much joy, it wasn't a hard task for guests to get into celebration mode.
Beyonce stunned in a dark emerald-green long-sleeve creation by Alexandre Vauthie and a flowing, textured pony tail.
The mum-of-three took to Instagram with a series of three photos, showing off her party ensemble.
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsWhy we’re unlikely to see much of Duchess Catherine and Prince William over the coming month
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- WeddingsA wedding photographer has sparked heated debate after urging wedding guests to put away their phones
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayYesterday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayJul 15, 2019