He became an international viral sensation as Jacinda Ardern's hot, hipster-bearded bodyguard during the election campaign – and diplomatic protection officer Iain McKay made headlines once again when it was revealed he was dating TVNZ star Jessica Mutch.
Now Woman's Day can reveal the super-cute couple are engaged to be married!
Iain, 31, popped the question at Auckland restaurant The Sugar Club, at the top of the Sky Tower, surprising 1 News reporter and Q+A presenter Jessica, 33, with a cake iced with the words, "Will you marry me?"
"I don't typically get very nervous," he reveals. "But I was a bit of a wreck that night as there were so many people around. But when it happened, everyone else disappeared and we were in our own little bubble."
The pair knew each other from when Jessica was working as a political reporter in Wellington but only started talking while she was in London as TVNZ's Europe correspondent. They quickly formed a strong bond via Skype and enjoyed their first date in Paris in 2015.
Jessica confesses "As I'm talking about it now, it sounds so crazy, but at the time, it just felt romantic and right."
For their full love story, all the details of their engagement and gorgeous pictures of the couple, see the latest issue of Woman's Day magazine.
- RoyalsThe Royal Family's birthday message for Prince Andrew has been met with controversy
Now To LoveToday 4:25pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry have confirmed more details about their future
Now To LoveToday 10:15am
- Real LifeThe 2011 Christchurch earthquake struck the day after my birthday and changed my life forever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:27am
- CompetitionsWin a brilliant Banana Boat prize pack worth $100!
Good Health ChoicesToday 9:00am
- Married at First SightMarried At First Sight bride Mishel Meshes gives Queenstown, New Zealand the big tick
Now To LoveYesterday 2:26pm
- RoyalsThe Queen tells Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan they must ditch their ‘Sussex Royal’ brand
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- RoyalsPrincess Diana’s niece Lady Kitty Spencer is converting to Judaism for her fiancé
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2020
- CareerSt Matthew-in-the-City's first female vicar Reverend Dr Helen Jacobi lets us into her world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 18, 2020