Like most multi-millionaires, Russian oligarchs are always looking for ways to out-do each other when it comes to flashing their wealth. Case in point was the recent wedding of Aleksey Shapovalov to Ksenia Tsaritsina, which might just take the crown as the most lavish nuptials we've ever seen.
The festivities took place at Barvikha Luxury Village hotel in Rublekva, Moscow, where a room can set you back £600 [NZD$1,060] a night. It featured an eight-tier cake designed to look as if it floated, multiple outfit changes for the bride, and performances by Eurovision song contest runner-up Polina Gagarina and rock band Leningrad.
The bride's dresses included a sweetheart-neckline embellished princess one as well as a floral lace illusion gown with full-length matching veil. The decor matched, with hundreds of white flowers lining the room.
And the stunning bride accessorised with her $12m diamond engagement ring.
'It was unbelievable,' Tsaritsina said. 'Thank you to our friends for sharing this wonderful day with us. Thank you to your large and loving family.'
The extravagant nuptials come just a month after a fellow Russian oligarch spent $10 million on his daughter Lolita Osmanova's wedding, which included a performance by Lady Gaga.
via Grazia Daily
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveToday 2:28pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 1:00pm
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 11:00am
- WeddingsArt Green and Matilda Rice marry in a stunning Waiheke wedding - and announce they're expecting a baby!
Now To LoveYesterday 10:10am
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019