Just over a month after she tied the knot with producer Brad Falchuk in a low-key Hamptons ceremony, Gwyneth Paltrow has given us an insight into her wedding day – including a first look at her fairytale bridal gown.
Posted on her website Goop, photos show the actress and wellness entrepreneur wearing a wedding dress designed by Valentino's creative director Pierpaolo Piccioli, which featured classic capped sleeves, a fitted bodice and layers of semi-transparent white lace in a Swiss dot and floral pattern – oh, and a veil to rival Meghan Markle's.
As the Goop write-up so superlatively puts it, it was 'a dress that defies adjectives,' styled by Gwyneth's close friend and long-term stylist Elizabeth Saltzman. The bride, as ever, kept her hair and make-up pared back, wearing her hair down in ever-so subtle waves.
According to Paltrow's site, the nuptials took place on a 'bright fall day in New York — sunny and cool with a crispness in the air.' The piece goes on to say, 'the gods complied on GP's wedding day.'
Though the 'Faltrow' wedding was previously rumoured to have a huge guest list, Goop reveals that just 70 of the couples closest friends and family headed out to Amagansett in the Hamptons to mark the occasion, kicking things off with an alfresco rehearsal dinner (hosted by Jessica and Jerry Seinfeld, according to Vogue).
Gwyneth's closest friends and family included Cameron Diaz, Rob Lowe, her godfather Steven Spielberg, and her Iron Man co-star Robert Downey Jr.
The guests danced the night away, according to Goop, at a 'dance party for the ages.' And 'the day ended as it began—with beauty, love, and two very happy people.'
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 11:00am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveYesterday 10:15am
- Married at First SightIs MAFS' Mike Gunner running his own fan page? The signs are compelling!
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayYesterday 9:00am
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 7:00am
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019
- BodyWhat it's like one year on from weight-loss surgery
Now To LoveFeb 12, 2019