Just over a month after she tied the knot with producer Brad Falchuk in a low-key Hamptons ceremony, Gwyneth Paltrow has given us an insight into her wedding day – including a first look at her fairytale bridal gown.
Posted on her website Goop, photos show the actress and wellness entrepreneur wearing a wedding dress designed by Valentino's creative director Pierpaolo Piccioli, which featured classic capped sleeves, a fitted bodice and layers of semi-transparent white lace in a Swiss dot and floral pattern – oh, and a veil to rival Meghan Markle's.
As the Goop write-up so superlatively puts it, it was 'a dress that defies adjectives,' styled by Gwyneth's close friend and long-term stylist Elizabeth Saltzman. The bride, as ever, kept her hair and make-up pared back, wearing her hair down in ever-so subtle waves.
According to Paltrow's site, the nuptials took place on a 'bright fall day in New York — sunny and cool with a crispness in the air.' The piece goes on to say, 'the gods complied on GP's wedding day.'
Though the 'Faltrow' wedding was previously rumoured to have a huge guest list, Goop reveals that just 70 of the couples closest friends and family headed out to Amagansett in the Hamptons to mark the occasion, kicking things off with an alfresco rehearsal dinner (hosted by Jessica and Jerry Seinfeld, according to Vogue).
Gwyneth's closest friends and family included Cameron Diaz, Rob Lowe, her godfather Steven Spielberg, and her Iron Man co-star Robert Downey Jr.
The guests danced the night away, according to Goop, at a 'dance party for the ages.' And 'the day ended as it began—with beauty, love, and two very happy people.'
- FitnessOrangetheory: The new fitness craze that's taking off in NZ
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- BodyBeyoncé reveals the post-birth, pre-Coachella diet she says she'll never go on again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsA never-before-seen video of Duchess Meghan during a charity trip to India has emerged
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- TVJohn Campbell is replacing Jack Tame on TVNZ's Breakfast show
Now To LoveYesterday 9:31am
- At homeFive ways to make every meal fabulous with Annabelle White
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- BodyWellington woman's life-changing recovery after controversial multiple sclerosis treatment
Woman's DayYesterday 8:40am
- RoyalsMore details have been revealed about Prince William's visit to New Zealand next week
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- BodyThe psychology behind why we binge eat and tools to help end the cycle for good
Now To LoveApr 17, 2019
- BodyThe vital things you should be doing to look after your heart
Good Health ChoicesApr 16, 2019