Just over a month after she tied the knot with producer Brad Falchuk in a low-key Hamptons ceremony, Gwyneth Paltrow has given us an insight into her wedding day – including a first look at her fairytale bridal gown.
Posted on her website Goop, photos show the actress and wellness entrepreneur wearing a wedding dress designed by Valentino's creative director Pierpaolo Piccioli, which featured classic capped sleeves, a fitted bodice and layers of semi-transparent white lace in a Swiss dot and floral pattern – oh, and a veil to rival Meghan Markle's.
As the Goop write-up so superlatively puts it, it was 'a dress that defies adjectives,' styled by Gwyneth's close friend and long-term stylist Elizabeth Saltzman. The bride, as ever, kept her hair and make-up pared back, wearing her hair down in ever-so subtle waves.
According to Paltrow's site, the nuptials took place on a 'bright fall day in New York — sunny and cool with a crispness in the air.' The piece goes on to say, 'the gods complied on GP's wedding day.'
Though the 'Faltrow' wedding was previously rumoured to have a huge guest list, Goop reveals that just 70 of the couples closest friends and family headed out to Amagansett in the Hamptons to mark the occasion, kicking things off with an alfresco rehearsal dinner (hosted by Jessica and Jerry Seinfeld, according to Vogue).
Gwyneth's closest friends and family included Cameron Diaz, Rob Lowe, her godfather Steven Spielberg, and her Iron Man co-star Robert Downey Jr.
The guests danced the night away, according to Goop, at a 'dance party for the ages.' And 'the day ended as it began—with beauty, love, and two very happy people.'
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Pregnancy & BirthFear and panic followed by joy: The Edge's Chang Hung welcomes his much longed-for daughter
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019