Gemma and Richie McCaw have celebrated their one year wedding anniversary. Gemma took to Instagram to share a heartfelt message to her husband.
"Happy 1st Wedding Anniversary," she wrote. "Thank you for being the most kind, generous and loving husband I could ever ask for. You make me happy every day and I can't wait for the rest of our lives together. I will love you today, tomorrow and forever."
The former All Blacks captain married his Black Sticks hockey player beau in a lavish ceremony in Wanaka in front of 170 family and friends. The notoriously private McCaw chose to share the day with Woman's Day readers.
Richie told the magazine "We look to our parents – they've been married 30 years plus. Both of us were lucky with our upbringings and they've created an amazing foundation."
In celebration of their anniversary, he posted an image from their wedding to his Facebook page.
"Happy 1st Wedding anniversary to my beautiful wife. Nice looking back at some photos from our special day a year ago," he wrote.
Gemma is currently training for the Red Bull Defiance race which she will compete in this Saturday. It is a two-day, 142km multisport event.
Richie competed in the mountain bike leg of the same race back in 2016.
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019