It's a match made in Westeros! Game of Thrones star Kit Harington married his former co-star Rose Leslie in a gorgeous ceremony in Scotland on Saturday, June 23. Kit and Rose met on the set of the wildly popular HBO TV series, and some of their co-stars were invited to their nuptials.
The date for the wedding, 23rd June, was posted at the Huntly registry office last month, and the ceremony itself took place at Rayne Church, before the newlyweds and their guests moved on to Wardhill Castle in West Garioch for the reception, which has been owned by the Leslie family for the past 900 years (how's that for a GoT-esque dynasty?). The newlyweds travelled from the first location to the second in an old 4x4, complete with trailing cans and a 'Just Married' banner.
For the occasion, Rose kept things traditional in a sweeping white gown with long, lace-embellished sleeves and a long veil, paired with a floral garland in her hair. It's not yet been revealed which designer the actress chose to wear down the aisle.
Kit and Rose met back in 2012, and they worked together for two years on Game of Thrones before Rose left the show after her character Ygritte was killed off. But Kit once revealed in an interview with L'Uomo Vogue that he remembered the moment that he fell in love with Rose, which was while they were filming on location in Iceland for Season 2.
"Because the country is beautiful, because the Northern Lights are magical, and because it was there that I fell in love," Kit said. "If you're already attracted to someone, and then they play your love interest in the show, it becomes very easy to fall in love."
The couple got engaged in September 2017, and they announced their engagement in a notice in The Times of London newspaper, according to Time. Rose's father Seb could not be happier for his daughter and his new son-in-law. "We are absolutely thrilled for Kit and Rose to be marrying today," he told the Guardian. "It's an absolutely lovely day for us."
Congratulations to the happy couple!
This story originally appeared on Life & Style.
- FitnessOrangetheory: The new fitness craze that's taking off in NZ
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- BodyBeyoncé reveals the post-birth, pre-Coachella diet she says she'll never go on again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsA never-before-seen video of Duchess Meghan during a charity trip to India has emerged
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- TVJohn Campbell is replacing Jack Tame on TVNZ's Breakfast show
Now To LoveYesterday 9:31am
- At homeFive ways to make every meal fabulous with Annabelle White
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- BodyWellington woman's life-changing recovery after controversial multiple sclerosis treatment
Woman's DayYesterday 8:40am
- RoyalsMore details have been revealed about Prince William's visit to New Zealand next week
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- BodyThe psychology behind why we binge eat and tools to help end the cycle for good
Now To LoveApr 17, 2019
- BodyThe vital things you should be doing to look after your heart
Good Health ChoicesApr 16, 2019