As Claudia Conaglen walks down the aisle in a breathtaking white gown, it's a startlingly similar scene to when we first saw the New Plymouth native arrive at the Bachelor New Zealand mansion to meet Jordan Mauger two years ago.
But when she locks eyes with her groom Paul "Bluey" Ejamme, who's standing under a beautiful driftwood arch in her brother's backyard in Taranaki, her reality TV days couldn't be further from her mind.
"I wasn't nervous at all – I was just so excited to get married to the man of my dreams," the 31-year-old, in a gown from Boho Bridal, tells Woman's Day after the ceremony. Grinning blissfully, financial broker Bluey, 28, adds, "That moment when we said our vows was the best thing ever."
With a gorgeous blue sky overhead, it's a near-perfect day for the newlyweds, who met just weeks after Claudia was eliminated from The Bachelor, but the bride is sad there's one important person missing – her father.
Michael passed away from throat cancer when Claudia was just 12 and she confesses, "It was hard getting married without him there, but my brother Shaun was like a second dad to me and he walked me down the aisle. It was beautiful."
Claudia also honoured her dad by weaving toetoe plumes into her bouquet. "Just before he died, he organised a helicopter ride for my sisters and me," she tells.
"He wanted us to see what the view from heaven would look like and he stood on the beach underneath us, waving big toetoe as we flew over him."
When talk turns to the future, Claudia smiles at her husband and admits, "We definitely want to have kids as soon as possible."
Laughing, Bluey adds, "Our only problem is that I want four and she only wants two!"
1 / 0
2 / 0
3 / 0
4 / 0
5 / 0
- FamilyHappy birthday Neve! New Zealand's First Baby turns one!
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- FitnessAdele’s taken up a new healthy hobby and it’s helped her lose more than 6kg
Now To LoveToday 10:45am
- RelationshipsOlympic rower Emma Twigg's whirlwind proposal: 'When you know, you know'
Woman's DayToday 10:00am
- FitnessSilver Swans: the ballet class for dancers aged 55-plus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:15am
- CompetitionsBe in to win the trip of a lifetime to Italy with Jo Seagar!
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- RoyalsMike Tindall makes the Queen laugh when he reveals what's hiding under his top hat
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- RoyalsA woman is in hospital after an accident involving Prince William and Duchess Catherine's royal convoy
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- Real LifeJoyous news! Sub title technology for the hearing impaired is being trialled at NZ cinemas
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsRoyal ladies in blue! See all the gorgeous outfits from the first day of Royal Ascot 2019
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- MindGemma McCaw's 6 steps to being confident in your own skin
Woman's DayYesterday 9:00am
- BodyWhy entering middle-age is actually the perfect time to get your health back on track
Good Health ChoicesJun 18, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has opened up about the ‘joy’ of adopting rescue animals
Now To LoveJun 18, 2019
- TVCan Matty McLean surprise us all and last the distance on Celebrity Treasure Island?
Now To LoveJun 18, 2019