Coronation Street star Sam Aston, 23, popped the question to his girlfriend of five years, Briony Gardner, over the weekend.
And in true performer style, the actor did it on stage in front of around 250 people at an annual golfing event that the couple attend each year.
Sam, who has played Chesney in Coronation Street for 14 years, posted a pic taken by someone in the audience who was watching the gorgeous moment.
Rather nonchalantly, he casually announced his engagement by writing: "Me and my beautiful bride to be..."
His fiancé had a bit more to say about the matter, and posted this on her Instagram account:
"After sharing over 5 years together, 4 Al, Andy and Sam golf days and 3 doggies, 2 hearts have now become 1 as Sam and I are...ENGAGED!! (How is it possible I can even say that out loud?!)
"Sam got down on one knee last night at his annual golf do and proposed in front of 250 people and my heart could burst with happiness!! (When did I get so lucky?!) I can't wait to marry my whole world but until then, I'm just floating in this bliss called love."
The couple met in 2009 at an acting workshop in Bury.
Briony is clearly over the moon about the engagement, and has already posted another pic of herself with her beautiful engagement ring.
Fans have rushed to congratulate the pair - one of whom was Sam's on-screen sister Jennie McAlpine, who herself got married earlier this year: "So happy for my darling baby bro!"
- MindCould sound healing be the answer to enhancing your wellbeing?
Now To LoveToday 1:30pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan reveals Archie went to playgroup for the first time and ‘he loved it’
Now To LoveToday 11:00am
- Celebrity NewsJennifer Aniston finally joins Instagram and promptly breaks the internet
Now To LoveToday 10:10am
- CareerAll the highlights from the NEXT Woman Of The Year 2019 Awards
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- RoyalsSee unseen footage of Prince Harry adorably cradling Archie in the trailer of an upcoming documentary
Now To LoveYesterday 2:50pm
- BodyThe Mirena and Jaydess contraceptives are finally free for Kiwi women from November
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- FamilyThe hilarious moment Art Green had with his son that every parent will relate to
Now To LoveYesterday 10:51am
- BodyHeavyweight boxing champion Shane Cameron steps up to fight Parkinson's disease
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:35am
- MindSurviving depression: Matt Chisholm's brave decision to quit TV
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William receive a royal welcome as they arrive in Pakistan
Now To LoveYesterday 8:15am
- CareerThe latest famous rock star to be a big fan of Jacinda Ardern
Now To LoveOct 14, 2019