They met thanks to New Zealand's first-ever TV series of The Bachelor – and four years on, Art Green and Matilda Rice have officially become husband and wife.
In a Woman's Day exclusive, the happy couple have shared their romantic wedding day – and also the surprise news that they are to become proud parents, with Matilda due in September. The bride and groom announced the pregnancy to family and friends at the reception during their beachside Waiheke wedding on Friday.
Matilda, 28, told Woman's Day, "Art and I are absolutely over the moon. We always knew we wanted to start a family, and it's so special to have all three of us here at the wedding."
Art, 31, agrees, "Having a baby is the ultimate way to cement our family. It's been an incredible ride as just the two of us, so we know it's only going to get better when we become three."
Indeed, it has been quite a ride since Art first laid eyes on Matilda amongst 21 Bachelorettes vying for his affection on the hit reality series The Bachelor NZ.
"I'm forever indebted to The Bachelor for bringing me Matty," confessed Art to Woman's Day on his wedding day. "Falling in love with Matty is more than I could've ever hoped for."
Woman's Day Editor-in-chief Sido Kitchin says she is delighted to publish official coverage of Art and Matilda's wedding day.
"Woman's Day was right there from the start when Matilda won Art's heart on The Bachelor, and we've shared so many lovely moments in their relationship ever since, so it was extra special to be there when they exchanged rings for real on Waiheke," says Sido.
"Like them, the wedding was gorgeous and relaxed, and full of love and laughter. These two were just made for each other. And the fact they announced they have a little baby on the way made the day extra special."
See the full official photos and read all about Art and Matilda's romantic day in this week's Woman's Day – on-sale in Auckland on Sunday, and the rest of New Zealand on Monday.
- RoyalsPrincess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi welcome their first child, a baby girl
Now To LoveSep 21, 2021
- TVCelebrity Treasure Island's Tegan Yorwarth's message to internet trolls
Woman's DaySep 20, 2021
- TVBlack Ferns star Huriana Manuel's Olympic heartbreak
Woman's DaySep 15, 2021
- TVProud Dad Art Green: 'My little girl is just so special'
Woman's DaySep 13, 2021
- Celebrity NewsAngela Bloomfield's tears and fears: 'I haven't given up on love!'
Woman's DaySep 07, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJoe Naufahu's heartbreak: 'I'm doing this for Mum'
Woman's DaySep 06, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi parents nightmare: 'Our son should still be here'
Woman's DaySep 03, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi Paralympic kayaker Corbin Hart's unstoppable romance
Woman's DayAug 28, 2021
- TVCelebrity Treasure Island hosts Bree Tomasel and Matt Chisholm's special bond
Woman's DayAug 27, 2021
- Real LifeTVNZ reporter Michelle Prendiville opens up about her alopecia
Woman's DayAug 27, 2021