They met thanks to New Zealand's first-ever TV series of The Bachelor – and four years on, Art Green and Matilda Rice have officially become husband and wife.
In a Woman's Day exclusive, the happy couple have shared their romantic wedding day – and also the surprise news that they are to become proud parents, with Matilda due in September. The bride and groom announced the pregnancy to family and friends at the reception during their beachside Waiheke wedding on Friday.
Matilda, 28, told Woman's Day, "Art and I are absolutely over the moon. We always knew we wanted to start a family, and it's so special to have all three of us here at the wedding."
Art, 31, agrees, "Having a baby is the ultimate way to cement our family. It's been an incredible ride as just the two of us, so we know it's only going to get better when we become three."
Indeed, it has been quite a ride since Art first laid eyes on Matilda amongst 21 Bachelorettes vying for his affection on the hit reality series The Bachelor NZ.
"I'm forever indebted to The Bachelor for bringing me Matty," confessed Art to Woman's Day on his wedding day. "Falling in love with Matty is more than I could've ever hoped for."
Woman's Day Editor-in-chief Sido Kitchin says she is delighted to publish official coverage of Art and Matilda's wedding day.
"Woman's Day was right there from the start when Matilda won Art's heart on The Bachelor, and we've shared so many lovely moments in their relationship ever since, so it was extra special to be there when they exchanged rings for real on Waiheke," says Sido.
"Like them, the wedding was gorgeous and relaxed, and full of love and laughter. These two were just made for each other. And the fact they announced they have a little baby on the way made the day extra special."
See the full official photos and read all about Art and Matilda's romantic day in this week's Woman's Day – on-sale in Auckland on Sunday, and the rest of New Zealand on Monday.
- RoyalsKiwi royal Gary Lewis has split from Lady Davina Windsor
Now To LoveToday 8:45am
- Pregnancy & BirthShortland Street star Laurel Devenie's perfectly-timed pregnancy
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Melissa is on the hunt for a Kiwi bachelor
Woman's DayToday 8:20am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan's first appearance after her maternity leave has been revealed
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- Married at First SightDevastating news as MAFS' Nic reveals his cancer has returned
Now To LoveYesterday 11:28am
- FamilyKatie Holmes and her daughter Suri bond with women and children at a refugee camp in Greece
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- FamilyGemma McCaw on the importance of being a role model for your children
Woman's DayYesterday 10:30am
- BodyMeet Caleb Wright - the 12-year-old brain cancer sufferer bringing laughter to other sick kids
Woman's DayYesterday 8:45am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Tamara and Mick get cosy off screen
Now To LoveYesterday 8:33am
- Mind4 reasons why embracing boredom could change your life for the better
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:30am
- Diet & Nutrition'I Quit Sugar' author Sarah Wilson talks diet, anxiety and going back-to-basics
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:00am
- BodyHow this woman came up with a way to help women struggling with PCOS take control
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:45am
- BodyHow to understand your body clock for the best quality sleep
Good Health ChoicesMar 24, 2019