All Black TJ Perenara has tied the knot to his longtime partner Greer Samuel in a surprise wedding ceremony in Porirua.
Revealed exclusively in Woman's Day, TJ's friends and family thought they were invited to an engagement party on January 12, but were both shocked and delighted to learn that they were also attending a wedding.
The Hurricanes halfback, who met Greer at a Halloween party nine years ago, had initially planned to get married in November this year - but the loved up pair couldn't bear to wait.
"We both have massive families and the coordination was pretty tough," admits TJ, 27. "And we didn't want to delay. We both looked at each other and said, 'Why don't we just have a party and then just get married?'"
They chose a jazzed-up backyard barbecue theme for their wedding at Gear Homestead, but the bride and groom looked far from causal when they switched from relaxed summer clothes into a dapper Working Style suit for TJ and a stunning white Maggie Sottero gown from Astra Bridal for Greer.
After a ceremony and celebration filled with love, emotions and laughter, TJ said, "It's been the perfect day. We just couldn't be any happier."
For the official photos and all the details from the beautiful wedding, see this week's Woman's Day - on-sale nationwide on Monday, January 28.
- CareerMeet Christine Fernyhough - the intrepid Auckland housewife who took on a high country farm and won
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- RelationshipsJay-Jay Feeney dishes on her sizzling summer with her 'toyboy' Minou
Woman's DayToday 8:00am
- MindHilary Barry's perfect clap back at a viewer: ‘Enough with the age-shaming’
Now To LoveJan 24, 2020
- Diet & NutritionDiet and ‘detox’ teas have been pulled from New Zealand shelves
Now To LoveJan 23, 2020
- CareerNigella Lawson's new direction at 60: 'I feel so much more open to anything and everything'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 23, 2020
- WeddingsIt's love-all for tennis star Michael Venus as he marries the mother of his child
Woman's DayJan 23, 2020
- Pregnancy & BirthBreakfast’s Hayley Holt is expecting her first child
Now To LoveJan 22, 2020
- Real LifeFacing the fiery inferno: Kiwi family's frightening Aussie bushfire ordeal
Woman's DayJan 22, 2020