All Black TJ Perenara has tied the knot to his longtime partner Greer Samuel in a surprise wedding ceremony in Porirua.
Revealed exclusively in Woman's Day, TJ's friends and family thought they were invited to an engagement party on January 12, but were both shocked and delighted to learn that they were also attending a wedding.
The Hurricanes halfback, who met Greer at a Halloween party nine years ago, had initially planned to get married in November this year - but the loved up pair couldn't bear to wait.
"We both have massive families and the coordination was pretty tough," admits TJ, 27. "And we didn't want to delay. We both looked at each other and said, 'Why don't we just have a party and then just get married?'"
They chose a jazzed-up backyard barbecue theme for their wedding at Gear Homestead, but the bride and groom looked far from causal when they switched from relaxed summer clothes into a dapper Working Style suit for TJ and a stunning white Maggie Sottero gown from Astra Bridal for Greer.
After a ceremony and celebration filled with love, emotions and laughter, TJ said, "It's been the perfect day. We just couldn't be any happier."
For the official photos and all the details from the beautiful wedding, see this week's Woman's Day - on-sale nationwide on Monday, January 28.
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveToday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayToday 8:05am
- TVWhy 2019's Dancing with the Stars cast was so close - and who's missing who now that it's over
Now To LoveYesterday 3:42pm
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William are reportedly planning a royal tour of Asia this year
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Martha Kalifatidis opens up about being bullied
Now To LoveYesterday 9:55am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyThe woman who supported Arthur Taylor through four decades in prison
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Stacy and Adam's biggest challenge
Woman's DayJun 24, 2019
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson brings to light one of the royal family's saddest tales from the past
Now To LoveJun 24, 2019