Q I keep seeing scenes in movies of couples having sex in the shower, but whenever I try it with my husband, it's a disaster. Am I missing something?
A You are asking for a physical disaster when it comes to hot, steamy environments traditionally made for one but involving the coordination skills of two. Now don't get me wrong –if you somehow have the perfect height ratio and are both endowed with the flexibility of a Russian gymnast, by all means, go for your life. I'm jealous! But otherwise, the horrible truth is that film studios send out these images, but they don't quite show the reality of a shower encounter.
I know people who have ended up with back sprains, bruises, twisted ankles and even a bloody nose when they've attempted "movie sex" in the bathroom. Not all of us have been born with coltish limbs and are lightweight, enabling shower-hoist moves.
Examine the origins of the desire to do this and let yourself off the hook if the places you normally have to clean during the week – like the kitchen table, the floor or the shower– aren't in fact your natural hot spots.
I'm giving you permission to say great sex in somewhere as boring as your bed is just fine.
- At homeHow clean, green living can start with small day-to-day changes in the kitchen
Now To LoveToday 10:45am
- TVLaura Daniel and her DWTS partner Shae Mountain get matching tattoos
Now To LoveToday 10:41am
- RoyalsPrince William was just asked how he'd feel if one of his children came out as gay
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- CareerMeet the trailblazing female shepherd who won a prestigious award previously only won by men
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:18am
- RoyalsYet another example of the harsh double standard Duchess Meghan faces
Now To LoveToday 8:15am
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveYesterday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 8:05am
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveJun 25, 2019