The Wiggles exes Emma Watkins and Lachie Gillespie have ripped the band-aid off their first public appearance since announcing their split and, well… it's as awkward as expected.
Less than a week ago, the co-working couple announced the end of their two-year marriage, shocking fans across the globe.
With a promise to continue their work together with The Wiggles, the world has watched on to see how that would pan out, wondering if the super-group's wee fans would be affected by the split.
It looks like they're determined to keep their promise, as the former couple made their first public appearance since announcing their split.
Pictured at Sydney University on Wednesday on official Wiggles business, the pair looked, well, like anyone who is forced to work with an ex: impossibly awkward.
Shared on The Wiggles Instagram page, the image is the epitome of "grin and bear it."
Hands clasped in front of them, the pair stand side by side with forced smiles upon their Wiggly dials, in a group photo with university staff members and fellow Wiggle, Anthony Field.
"Consulting with educators from Macquarie University for the new Emma TV series to create some wonderful inclusive cultural experiences," the pic's caption read.
This meeting is surely only the tip of the iceberg of official commitments the pair will need to make together as The Wiggles continue to entertain children worldwide.
In a joint statement last Friday, the pair explained what their separation would mean moving forward.
"We have, and continue to share, the most beautiful life together, but we wanted to let you know that privately for the last six months we have been navigating through a trial separation, and we have made the decision to separate as a couple," the stars said.
"Throughout that period, we have performed hundreds of shows together and that is always a continued source of joy for us both."
"We have embraced this as a very positive change in our relationship. Our incredible friendship has been strengthened throughout this time and what we have discovered is that, more than ever, first and foremost we love and adore performing as Emma and Lachy in The Wiggles and having the privilege of celebrating this happiness with extraordinary families around the world."
"We have chosen a different path to travel in our personal lives, but please know that we are stronger than ever and we can't wait to see you at a show soon. We will not be commenting beyond this, and we thank you in advance for respecting our privacy," they concluded.
In reports over the weekend, friends of Lachie told Sunday Confidential that the purple Wiggle has been left feeling blue as the relationship fell apart.
"Lachy is absolutely heartbroken," it is reported.
The source went on to say: "He was completely besotted by Emma and worshipped her and still does.
"He tried everything to make it work, but in the end, he couldn't. His heart has been broken."
Emma and Lachy's love story had become one of Australia's most treasured fairy tales after the children's entertainers fell in love working on the popular super-group.
They dated for two years and then in April 2016 the pair tied the knot in a moving ceremony at Hopewood House in Bowral, NSW.
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveToday 2:28pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 1:00pm
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 11:00am
- WeddingsArt Green and Matilda Rice marry in a stunning Waiheke wedding - and announce they're expecting a baby!
Now To LoveYesterday 10:10am
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019