After 18 years together, The Edge’s hosting duo Jay-Jay and Dom Harvey have announced they are parting ways.
The pair announced the news during their radio show this morning, with Jay-Jay revealing: “Dom and I are currently living apart. We’ve decided to separate.”
Dom added that the “magic spark has gone” and described the two of them are being more like “siblings” now, but maintained that they were still on good terms with each other.
“It’s not a joke, it’s very hard to tell you. We’re really good, and there’s no fighting or anything like that. We’re absolutely 100 per cent cool and fine.”
While the couple didn’t go into the reasons for their split while on air, Dom did say that their struggles to have children and their experience of going through IVF were part of it.
Jay-Jay and Dom say they will continue to host their morning show for The Edge together, but would now have “different experiences to share on the air”.
The couple tied the knot in 2004. Previously, Jay-Jay opened up about how they had gone their separate ways for a short period in 2016, before getting back together.
"We're just lucky that we get on so well and it's all totally fine. There are people that split up and they hate each other, and it becomes very awkward," she said while on air this morning.
"And that could possibly [happen]. It could get very awkward at some point - and it probably will when Dom goes on Tinder."
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Lexie and Hamish are moving in together!
Woman's DayMar 11, 2021
- TVHit single Moses: 'I didn't think I deserved love!'
Woman's DayMar 09, 2021
- TVHere are the queens competing in RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Now To LoveMar 07, 2021