After 18 years together, The Edge’s hosting duo Jay-Jay and Dom Harvey have announced they are parting ways.
The pair announced the news during their radio show this morning, with Jay-Jay revealing: “Dom and I are currently living apart. We’ve decided to separate.”
Dom added that the “magic spark has gone” and described the two of them are being more like “siblings” now, but maintained that they were still on good terms with each other.
“It’s not a joke, it’s very hard to tell you. We’re really good, and there’s no fighting or anything like that. We’re absolutely 100 per cent cool and fine.”
While the couple didn’t go into the reasons for their split while on air, Dom did say that their struggles to have children and their experience of going through IVF were part of it.
Jay-Jay and Dom say they will continue to host their morning show for The Edge together, but would now have “different experiences to share on the air”.
The couple tied the knot in 2004. Previously, Jay-Jay opened up about how they had gone their separate ways for a short period in 2016, before getting back together.
"We're just lucky that we get on so well and it's all totally fine. There are people that split up and they hate each other, and it becomes very awkward," she said while on air this morning.
"And that could possibly [happen]. It could get very awkward at some point - and it probably will when Dom goes on Tinder."
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019