After 18 years together, The Edge’s hosting duo Jay-Jay and Dom Harvey have announced they are parting ways.
The pair announced the news during their radio show this morning, with Jay-Jay revealing: “Dom and I are currently living apart. We’ve decided to separate.”
Dom added that the “magic spark has gone” and described the two of them are being more like “siblings” now, but maintained that they were still on good terms with each other.
“It’s not a joke, it’s very hard to tell you. We’re really good, and there’s no fighting or anything like that. We’re absolutely 100 per cent cool and fine.”
While the couple didn’t go into the reasons for their split while on air, Dom did say that their struggles to have children and their experience of going through IVF were part of it.
Jay-Jay and Dom say they will continue to host their morning show for The Edge together, but would now have “different experiences to share on the air”.
The couple tied the knot in 2004. Previously, Jay-Jay opened up about how they had gone their separate ways for a short period in 2016, before getting back together.
"We're just lucky that we get on so well and it's all totally fine. There are people that split up and they hate each other, and it becomes very awkward," she said while on air this morning.
"And that could possibly [happen]. It could get very awkward at some point - and it probably will when Dom goes on Tinder."
- RoyalsPrincess Diana’s niece Lady Kitty Spencer is converting to Judaism for her fiancé
Now To LoveToday 10:40am
- CareerSt Matthew-in-the-City's first female vicar Reverend Dr Helen Jacobi lets us into her world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- RoyalsWhy this adorable photo of Princess Charlotte means so much to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- FamilySonny Bill Williams pays tribute to wife Alana for holding their family together as he leaves for England
Now To LoveYesterday 11:57am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine gets candid about motherhood: from hypnobirthing to ‘mum guilt’
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ intruder Mike Bullot is Chelsea Winter's former husband
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- TVThe Bachelorette intruders: Meet the men hoping to steal the show
Now To LoveFeb 16, 2020
- Pregnancy & Birth‘I gave birth to our miracle baby the night before my wedding’
Woman's DayFeb 15, 2020