After 18 years together, The Edge’s hosting duo Jay-Jay and Dom Harvey have announced they are parting ways.
The pair announced the news during their radio show this morning, with Jay-Jay revealing: “Dom and I are currently living apart. We’ve decided to separate.”
Dom added that the “magic spark has gone” and described the two of them are being more like “siblings” now, but maintained that they were still on good terms with each other.
“It’s not a joke, it’s very hard to tell you. We’re really good, and there’s no fighting or anything like that. We’re absolutely 100 per cent cool and fine.”
While the couple didn’t go into the reasons for their split while on air, Dom did say that their struggles to have children and their experience of going through IVF were part of it.
Jay-Jay and Dom say they will continue to host their morning show for The Edge together, but would now have “different experiences to share on the air”.
The couple tied the knot in 2004. Previously, Jay-Jay opened up about how they had gone their separate ways for a short period in 2016, before getting back together.
"We're just lucky that we get on so well and it's all totally fine. There are people that split up and they hate each other, and it becomes very awkward," she said while on air this morning.
"And that could possibly [happen]. It could get very awkward at some point - and it probably will when Dom goes on Tinder."
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsWhy we’re unlikely to see much of Duchess Catherine and Prince William over the coming month
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- WeddingsA wedding photographer has sparked heated debate after urging wedding guests to put away their phones
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayYesterday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayJul 15, 2019