After 18 years together, The Edge’s hosting duo Jay-Jay and Dom Harvey have announced they are parting ways.
The pair announced the news during their radio show this morning, with Jay-Jay revealing: “Dom and I are currently living apart. We’ve decided to separate.”
Dom added that the “magic spark has gone” and described the two of them are being more like “siblings” now, but maintained that they were still on good terms with each other.
“It’s not a joke, it’s very hard to tell you. We’re really good, and there’s no fighting or anything like that. We’re absolutely 100 per cent cool and fine.”
While the couple didn’t go into the reasons for their split while on air, Dom did say that their struggles to have children and their experience of going through IVF were part of it.
Jay-Jay and Dom say they will continue to host their morning show for The Edge together, but would now have “different experiences to share on the air”.
The couple tied the knot in 2004. Previously, Jay-Jay opened up about how they had gone their separate ways for a short period in 2016, before getting back together.
"We're just lucky that we get on so well and it's all totally fine. There are people that split up and they hate each other, and it becomes very awkward," she said while on air this morning.
"And that could possibly [happen]. It could get very awkward at some point - and it probably will when Dom goes on Tinder."
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020
- CompetitionsWin the Ultimate Teeth Whitening Prize Pack thanks to Colgate Optic White
Woman's DayNov 23, 2020