Apparently, people are starting to prefer spending time with their pets than their other halves!
It's common knowledge that animals are one of the best perks of living on planet Earth. So it's actually hardly surprising that a recent study found more and more people are ditching a relationship and would rather get a pet.
The idea of the old, lonely, single cat lady is out - it's cool now to be the proud owner of a pet by yourself!
According to a study undertaken on behalf of Freshpet, more than a third of Brits prefer their pets to their partners.
A poll of 2,000 people who owned a cat or dog revealed that over half of them prefer spending time with their pet.
Although it's not hard to imagine why, the reasons they gave were that they never nag, talk back and are always in a good mood.
Oh dear, we're a bit worried about these angsty couples.
Three in 10 adults admitted that their pet was a better listener, and 45 per cent liked the fact that they're never judged or questioned by their cat or dog.
Somewhat surprisingly, 29 per cent of people said their pet was better at snuggling up than their other half, and 44 per cent prefer cuddling them.
More than four in 10 people confessed that they shower their pet with more affection and attention than their other half, and they'd rather welcome their cat or dog for a cuddle at night than their partner.
Hmm - We're not sure if this says that people prefer a pet to their partner, or that they're actually just with the wrong people.
Oh well. Who are we to judge?!
This story originally appeared on Closer
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyApr 22, 2019