Parting was such sweet sorrow for Shaun Johnson and his fiancée Kayla Cullen as the league star recently jetted out of New Zealand to start his new gig with the Cronulla Sharks in Sydney.
The athletic pair spent several minutes locked in a tender embrace in Auckland Airport's departure lounge, with the former Warriors hero later posting on Instagram, "Hardest part is leaving you!" It was an emotional farewell, although Shaun, 28, and Kayla, 26, both turned on the smiles when a fan asked for a photo.
The foxy Silver Ferns favourite flaunted her huge diamond engagement ring, but following her fiancé's shock move to Australia to start his rumoured $1 million contract with the Sharks, it looks like Kayla will be doing lots of the wedding planning on her own while she remains in Auckland. The pair announced their engagement in May 2018.
"Shaun has said goodbye to Kayla many times before when he's gone on tour, but this is different," reports an insider.
"He's going on his own. His whole reputation and future is at stake. No wonder he didn't relish saying goodbye to Kayla. It was obvious both of them found it tough."
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019