Parting was such sweet sorrow for Shaun Johnson and his fiancée Kayla Cullen as the league star recently jetted out of New Zealand to start his new gig with the Cronulla Sharks in Sydney.
The athletic pair spent several minutes locked in a tender embrace in Auckland Airport's departure lounge, with the former Warriors hero later posting on Instagram, "Hardest part is leaving you!" It was an emotional farewell, although Shaun, 28, and Kayla, 26, both turned on the smiles when a fan asked for a photo.
The foxy Silver Ferns favourite flaunted her huge diamond engagement ring, but following her fiancé's shock move to Australia to start his rumoured $1 million contract with the Sharks, it looks like Kayla will be doing lots of the wedding planning on her own while she remains in Auckland. The pair announced their engagement in May 2018.
"Shaun has said goodbye to Kayla many times before when he's gone on tour, but this is different," reports an insider.
"He's going on his own. His whole reputation and future is at stake. No wonder he didn't relish saying goodbye to Kayla. It was obvious both of them found it tough."
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019