She may have had one of the most high profile romances of the nineties with Tom Cruise, but it's Nicole Kidman's relationship with Keith Urban that has turned out to be the biggest love story.
The 51-year-old Oscar winner and her country music star husband first met at the G'Day USA Gala in January 2005. They married only a year later, and now Nicole has revealed the exact moment when she realised that Keith was the one.
Speaking to PEOPLE, Nicole reveals that on her 38th birthday, the country music crooner stood outside on her stoop in New York at 5am with gardenias.
"That is when I went, 'This is the man I hope I get to marry,'" she remarked.
Nicole described the romantic gesture as "pretty intense," but it was a milestone moment in their relationship.
"I believed by that point he was the love of my life. Maybe that's because I am deeply romantic, or I'm an actress, or I have strong faith as well, but I just believed, 'Oh, okay, here he is.'"
While the couple have never hid their affection for one another, Nicole confesses that at their first encounter, "it wasn't like the earth shook."
"We were very, very quiet about it, and we managed to get through a long period of time without people knowing about us - which is pretty much our style still," she told Vanity Fair in 2014.
WATCH: Keith Urban on the moment he met Nicole. Story continues after video.
Nicole and Keith tied the knot in Manly on Sydney's northern beaches in 2006, just a year after they met.
"We got married very quickly and we got to know each other when we were married," the Hollywood star told US Weekly.
"I wanted a partner and someone to share my life. I wanted more children. That's happened for me. It's not through just luck."
- BodyWhy entering middle-age is actually the perfect time to get your health back on track
Good Health ChoicesToday 2:45pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has opened up about the ‘joy’ of adopting rescue animals
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- TVCan Matty McLean surprise us all and last the distance on Celebrity Treasure Island?
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- CareerJennifer Ward Lealand on being honoured for her commitment to her two great loves, theatre and te reo
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:27am
- RoyalsWhen and where will Baby Archie’s christening take place? Here are all the details
Now To LoveYesterday 4:45pm
- TVThe moving reason behind Dancing With The Stars winner Manu Vatuvei's vow to keep dancing
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- BodyBiggest Loser's Jillian Michaels’ top 15 health habits are remarkably simple to adopt too
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- TVFormer DWTS dancer Carol-Ann Hanna gives her verdict on the final show and Manu's win
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- TVDWTS' Laura Daniel spills on her relationship with partner Joseph Moore and their plans to adopt
Woman's DayYesterday 9:21am
- RoyalsPrince Harry shares an adorable new photo of Baby Archie in celebration of Father’s Day
Now To LoveYesterday 8:15am
- Diet & NutritionHow this Auckland woman lost 30kg through hypnosis
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- FertilityConsidering freezing your eggs? Here's everything you need to know
Good Health ChoicesJun 16, 2019
- BodyRotorua parents' heartbreak: only a miracle will save their little boy
Woman's DayJun 16, 2019