In a raw and honest post to Instagram, Miley Cyrus has addressed her recent split with Liam Hemsworth and slammed rumours she cheated on him.
After 10 years together and less than seven months of marriage, Liam and Miley announced their separation last week.
While Liam has addressed the split in an Instagram post, saying he wished Miley "nothing but health and happiness going forward," Miley hadn't explicitly spoken out other than a few cryptic Instagram posts saying "change is inevitable."
Now, she has explained it all in detail.
"I can accept that the life I've chosen means I must live completely open and transparent with my fans who I love, and the public, 100% of the time," she wrote.
"What I cannot accept is being told I'm lying to cover up a crime I haven't committed. I have nothing to hide.
"It is no secret that I was partying into my teens and early 20s," she said. She admitted she had messed up and "cheated in relationships when I was young..."
"But the truth is, once Liam and I reconciled, I meant it, and I was committed. There are no secrets to uncover here.
"I've learned from every experience in my life. I'm not perfect, I don't want to be. It's boring. I've grown up in front of you, but the bottom line is, I have grown up.
"I can admit to a lot of things but I refuse to admit that my marriage ended because of cheating.
"Liam and I have been together for a decade. I've said it before and it remains true, I love Liam and always will. But at this point I had to make a health decision for myself and leave a previous life behind.
"I am the healthiest and happiest I have been in a long time. You can say I am a twerking, pot smoking, foul mouthed hillbilly but I am not a liar.
"I am proud to say, I am simply in a different place from when I was younger."
Miley, 26, and Liam, 29 met in 2008 on the set of The Last Song, a romantic movie based on the novel by Nicholas Sparks. They went public with their relationship in 2010 and became engaged in 2012, but broke it off a year later.
They rekindled their relationship in 2015 and had been together ever since, marrying in a surprise wedding in December last year.
But rumours of trouble in their marriage had been circulating for months before they announced their split. Speculation intensified when Miley declared at Glastonbury in July that she was "f--king sick of men."
A representative for the pair confirmed their split last week. "Liam and Miley have agreed to separate at this time," the statement read.
"Ever-evolving, changing as partners and individuals, they have decided this is what's best while they both focus on themselves and careers.
"They still remain dedicated parents to all of their animals they share while lovingly taking this time apart. Please respect their process and privacy."
News of the split came as Miley was photographed kissing Kaitlynn Carter, Brody Jenner's ex-wife, during a holiday to Italy. Kaitlynn and Brody's split was announced the week prior.
- At homeEntertaining with ease thanks to the latest tech products
Now To LoveToday 11:50am
- RoyalsTake a look back at Queen Elizabeth’s first televised Christmas message 62 years ago
Now To LoveToday 11:30am
- MindZac Guildford's candid confession about his battle with drugs and depression
Woman's DayToday 9:50am
- SkincareAcne and exfoliating: does it make your skin worse?
Now To LoveToday 8:00am
- RoyalsThe impact of having Sussex Royal follow you on Instagram
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- MakeupDo eyebrows grow back? How to regrow over plucked brows
Now To LoveYesterday 2:42pm
- FamilyThe new online shopping portal giving back to Kiwi charities
Now To LoveYesterday 1:11pm
- FamilyThe Topp Twins on facing their first Christmas without their beloved dad
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:50am
- CareerMeet the woman behind one of New Zealand's most classic Kiwi holiday tunes
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:44am
- PetsPet quirks and personalities: Finding the right pet for you and your family
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- SkincareThe difference between natural and chemical sunscreen
- BodyRadio star Sarah Gandy celebrates beating breast cancer
Woman's DayYesterday 8:55am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan's tips for hosting the perfect Christmas dinner
Now To LoveDec 09, 2019
- FamilyGemma McCaw's Christmas joy: 'Words can't describe how grateful I am'
Woman's DayDec 09, 2019