In a raw and honest post to Instagram, Miley Cyrus has addressed her recent split with Liam Hemsworth and slammed rumours she cheated on him.
After 10 years together and less than seven months of marriage, Liam and Miley announced their separation last week.
While Liam has addressed the split in an Instagram post, saying he wished Miley "nothing but health and happiness going forward," Miley hadn't explicitly spoken out other than a few cryptic Instagram posts saying "change is inevitable."
Now, she has explained it all in detail.
"I can accept that the life I've chosen means I must live completely open and transparent with my fans who I love, and the public, 100% of the time," she wrote.
"What I cannot accept is being told I'm lying to cover up a crime I haven't committed. I have nothing to hide.
"It is no secret that I was partying into my teens and early 20s," she said. She admitted she had messed up and "cheated in relationships when I was young..."
"But the truth is, once Liam and I reconciled, I meant it, and I was committed. There are no secrets to uncover here.
"I've learned from every experience in my life. I'm not perfect, I don't want to be. It's boring. I've grown up in front of you, but the bottom line is, I have grown up.
"I can admit to a lot of things but I refuse to admit that my marriage ended because of cheating.
"Liam and I have been together for a decade. I've said it before and it remains true, I love Liam and always will. But at this point I had to make a health decision for myself and leave a previous life behind.
"I am the healthiest and happiest I have been in a long time. You can say I am a twerking, pot smoking, foul mouthed hillbilly but I am not a liar.
"I am proud to say, I am simply in a different place from when I was younger."
Miley, 26, and Liam, 29 met in 2008 on the set of The Last Song, a romantic movie based on the novel by Nicholas Sparks. They went public with their relationship in 2010 and became engaged in 2012, but broke it off a year later.
They rekindled their relationship in 2015 and had been together ever since, marrying in a surprise wedding in December last year.
But rumours of trouble in their marriage had been circulating for months before they announced their split. Speculation intensified when Miley declared at Glastonbury in July that she was "f--king sick of men."
A representative for the pair confirmed their split last week. "Liam and Miley have agreed to separate at this time," the statement read.
"Ever-evolving, changing as partners and individuals, they have decided this is what's best while they both focus on themselves and careers.
"They still remain dedicated parents to all of their animals they share while lovingly taking this time apart. Please respect their process and privacy."
News of the split came as Miley was photographed kissing Kaitlynn Carter, Brody Jenner's ex-wife, during a holiday to Italy. Kaitlynn and Brody's split was announced the week prior.
- Fashion TrendsThree spring clothing trends to welcome in the warmer weather
Now To LoveToday 4:12pm
- RoyalsThe date of Duchess Catherine and Prince William's tour to Pakistan has been revealed
Now To LoveToday 3:45pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan announces she's added another engagement to her South Africa tour itinerary
Now To LoveToday 10:20am
- BodyCould magnetic therapy be the solution to treating aches and pains?
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:15am
- BodyDr Libby on why we're overusing the word 'stressed' and how we should really be thinking about the term
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Family50 years on from the Manson murders Debra Tate speaks out about her sister Sharon's murder
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- TVHow Athena Angelou went from homeless to radio star in just a few short years
Woman's DayYesterday 7:55am
- Diet & NutritionHow to ensure you're putting the most nutritious grocery options in your trolley
Good Health ChoicesSep 21, 2019
- CareerWhy Jennifer Aniston is looking to the future with a new focus
Now To LoveSep 21, 2019
- RoyalsPrince Harry shares more details about his upcoming mental health TV series with Oprah
Now To LoveSep 20, 2019
- CareerMy life is stranger than fiction says NZ Children's Book Awards winner Bren MacDibble
New Zealand Woman's WeeklySep 20, 2019