Marriage is tough. You have to work, look after your kids and somehow manage to have enough time left over to spend on each other – a reality Chris Hemsworth knows all too well.
The Thor star revealed he and wife Else Pataky have struggled like the rest of us, especially when It came to balancing conflicting schedules for home and work life.
“My wife and I fell in love, had kids, didn’t really see each other for a few years, then fell back in love,” he told GQ Australia.
WATCH: Chris talks hilariously about travelling with kids.
“In terms of work, [Elsa has] certainly given up more than I have. She’d like me to step back and be at home with the kids more, and of course, I want that too. But I feel like I’m at this crucial point in my career – I’ve just got to set up for longevity or I’ll slip off.”
The 34-year-old says that although they love raising their three children together, India, 5, and twins Tristan and Sasha, 3, they make sure they have time for each other.
“Once you have children, every instinct and every moment of your time is consumed by that. You’ve got nothing for each other,” he says.
“So, make sure you have date night even if it’s once in a blue moon, because most of the time you’re just too tired and you’d actually prefer to sleep.”
Hemsworth also sheepishly admitted he could step up his romance game after he was asked if he wrote love letters.
“I don’t, but maybe I should,” he says. “There’s no shortage of how much I tell her I love her. But I guess there’s no detail in it, why or how.”
The Aussie actor hasn’t been shy about doting on his gorgeous wife in the past though.
“There was no light bulb moment,” he told Elle in 2015. “From the first time we met, we just made sense. She’s fun. She’s outgoing, and she has a sense of humour and a passionate attitude toward life, which is nice to try to keep up with.”
- BodyOlivia Newton-John is battling cancer for the third time - why she's not letting it get her down
Good Health ChoicesToday 11:00am
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveToday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry spent Valentine's Day next to a shrine dedicated to himself and Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Matthew Bennett insists losing his virginity to Lauren hasn't changed him
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayFeb 14, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 14, 2019
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019