People tell us all sorts of things, and some of it is not the truth. They may lie because they don't want to upset us, or they could be hiding something we really ought to know.
That uneasy feeling you get when you suspect you've been lied to is probably on the money. We betray far more about ourselves through our body language than we do with what we say. But most of us don't know enough about body language to be sure of what we're seeing, making it easier to brush off doubts.
In this video body language expert Suzanne Masefield talks us through the signs to watch out for that tell us we're being lied to.
One sign doesn't necessarily mean a lie - but if you spot three or more of these indicators then chances are, you're being lied to.
To find out how you can tell if someone is attracted to you, watch this:
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Lexie and Hamish are moving in together!
Woman's DayMar 11, 2021
- TVHit single Moses: 'I didn't think I deserved love!'
Woman's DayMar 09, 2021
- TVHere are the queens competing in RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Now To LoveMar 07, 2021