Fans are still reeling from the news of Chris Pratt and Anna Faris' unexpected split yesterday, but the Mom actress made a candid admission of her own in the most recent episode of her podcast Anna Faris is Unqualified.
Released just one week before the couple announced they were splitting up, the episode featured a soul-searching discussion between Anna and her guest for that week, musician Josh Ostrander.
Speaking about her day job as an actor on the sitcom Mom, Anna revealed she also felt a need to play a "public character" as well and how lonely that could feel.
"I play a character on Mom, I play a character in movies, but I also play a public character. There's definitely a loneliness and, like, an internal element to being a performer. I feel like I have to laugh," she said.
Anna went on: "I laugh loud sometimes - maybe too loud, but it is a public character sometimes. Like, if I have a red carpet thing or whatever, which I'm never comfortable, but I'm always like, 'I'm fine!' And it never feels like me."
Anna and Chris, both 40, have been married for eight years. They met in 2007 on the set of the film Take Me Home Tonight. Together, they have one son, Jack, who was born in August 2012.
In their joint statement announcing the separation, the couple said they had "tried hard for a long time and [are] really disappointed."
"We still have love for each other, will always cherish our time together and continue to have the deepest respect for one another," they said.
While Anna - who made an early impression in the Scary Movie films - has long been a part of the Hollywood scene, Chris' rise to fame has been relatively recent.
After several seasons playing the lovable funny guy Andy Dwyer on cult fave series Parks and Recreation, he reinvented himself as an action star by scoring the leads in Guardians of the Galaxy and the Jurassic Park reboot, shedding the pounds in the process.
In 2015, Anna opened up about the increased attention that came along with Chris' breakthrough, and how she found it difficult reading stories about her husband's rumoured infidelity in the tabloids.
The speculation reached its peak when Chris starred alongside Jennifer Lawrence in the sci-fi epic Passengers, and the two were linked together by various media outlets.
"[That] stung a little bit harder than I thought it would," Anna told Us Weekly at the time. "I had always kind of believed that part of the rumours of celebrity couples were sort of true because they had never been part of my life. I was like, 'Oh, maybe there's a kernel of truth to that.'"
"It's been a little devastating because for us, it's like, 'What the heck?'. This has been blindsiding to us. We have an incredible relationship. It has been weirdly stinging."
- Celebrity NewsLady Gaga has called off her engagement to Christian Carino
Now To LoveToday 1:45pm
- Married at First SightMarried At First Sight's Bronson breaks his silence on THAT comment to Ines
Now To LoveYesterday 3:36pm
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveYesterday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveYesterday 11:19am
- Married at First SightThe truth about MAFS' Sam Ball's honeymoon vanishing act - his ex-girlfriend speaks out
Now To LoveYesterday 11:10am
- RoyalsWhy Prince William and Duchess Catherine will be taking a break from their royal duties this week
Now To LoveYesterday 10:15am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayYesterday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2019
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2019