Fans are still reeling from the news of Chris Pratt and Anna Faris' unexpected split yesterday, but the Mom actress made a candid admission of her own in the most recent episode of her podcast Anna Faris is Unqualified.
Released just one week before the couple announced they were splitting up, the episode featured a soul-searching discussion between Anna and her guest for that week, musician Josh Ostrander.
Speaking about her day job as an actor on the sitcom Mom, Anna revealed she also felt a need to play a "public character" as well and how lonely that could feel.
"I play a character on Mom, I play a character in movies, but I also play a public character. There's definitely a loneliness and, like, an internal element to being a performer. I feel like I have to laugh," she said.
Anna went on: "I laugh loud sometimes - maybe too loud, but it is a public character sometimes. Like, if I have a red carpet thing or whatever, which I'm never comfortable, but I'm always like, 'I'm fine!' And it never feels like me."
Anna and Chris, both 40, have been married for eight years. They met in 2007 on the set of the film Take Me Home Tonight. Together, they have one son, Jack, who was born in August 2012.
In their joint statement announcing the separation, the couple said they had "tried hard for a long time and [are] really disappointed."
"We still have love for each other, will always cherish our time together and continue to have the deepest respect for one another," they said.
While Anna - who made an early impression in the Scary Movie films - has long been a part of the Hollywood scene, Chris' rise to fame has been relatively recent.
After several seasons playing the lovable funny guy Andy Dwyer on cult fave series Parks and Recreation, he reinvented himself as an action star by scoring the leads in Guardians of the Galaxy and the Jurassic Park reboot, shedding the pounds in the process.
In 2015, Anna opened up about the increased attention that came along with Chris' breakthrough, and how she found it difficult reading stories about her husband's rumoured infidelity in the tabloids.
The speculation reached its peak when Chris starred alongside Jennifer Lawrence in the sci-fi epic Passengers, and the two were linked together by various media outlets.
"[That] stung a little bit harder than I thought it would," Anna told Us Weekly at the time. "I had always kind of believed that part of the rumours of celebrity couples were sort of true because they had never been part of my life. I was like, 'Oh, maybe there's a kernel of truth to that.'"
"It's been a little devastating because for us, it's like, 'What the heck?'. This has been blindsiding to us. We have an incredible relationship. It has been weirdly stinging."
- TVSam Wallace and Eric Murray bare all on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveToday 10:45am
- RoyalsRevealed: Where Duchess Meghan found inspiration for her royal wedding makeup look
Now To LoveToday 10:30am
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- TVWhat drove these celebs to sign up for Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 12:35pm
- Pregnancy & BirthWhy model Ashley Graham's baby bump photo has got everyone talking
Now To LoveToday 12:07pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine honours this lucky nine-year-old to celebrate World Photography Day
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerI loved him like a son: Phil Kingsley Jones remembers Jonah Lomu in his final years
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:29am
- TVMatty McLean says he's lived some of his proudest moments on Celebrity Treasure Island
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- TVThe redemption of former All Black Zac Guildford on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45pm
- TVKarl Burnett quits Celebrity Treasure Island as mental health suffers
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- Married at First SightMAFS' Cyrell Paule is expecting a baby with Love Island's Eden Dally
Now To LoveYesterday 1:21pm
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry jet off on another family holiday to the south of France
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am