A global survey commissioned by Durex has highlighted just how much sex Kiwis are really having - and the facts may surprise you!
According to the research, almost 1 in 2 New Zealanders (45 per cent) have sex once a week or less*, and 58 per cent said they usually orgasm when they do.
What's more, even with the recent buzz over erotic novel 'Fifty Shades of Grey' and the movie version that was just released, it seems Kiwis aren't so adventurous in the bedroom.
The survey found just 58% of Kiwis would describe their love life as "exciting".
"Durex discovered that on any given day in the UK, people are twice as likely to read a book in bed as they were to have sex, and we are sure this is happening in New Zealand as well," Durex marketing manager Emma Smith says.
"It is for this very reason that we are appealing to Kiwis to embrace reality."
To that end, Durex have launched a new guide of tips and tricks called #50GamesToPlay, which aims to help couples ditch the fiction and put fun back into the real-life bedroom.
"We look for inspiration in everyday life, from videos and books but we don't always bring those adventures to life. This new video and the #50GamesToPlay Guide will hopefully give couples a healthy push in the right direction," Emma says.
*Durex Global Sexual Wellbeing Survey, 2011, Harris Interactive Inc.
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020
- CompetitionsWin the Ultimate Teeth Whitening Prize Pack thanks to Colgate Optic White
Woman's DayNov 23, 2020