Cat owners don't just love their kitties, they're obsessed with them - although we often wonder how the cats feel about that.
If there was ever any doubt, the information we're about to give you will certainly quash that.
In a survey commissioned by Mars Petcare U.S. Inc. (a corporation that owns several pet-food brands and some veterinary chains), 1000 cat owners were asked to reveal all the adorable ways they bond with their felines. The results exposed a dedication that goes above and beyond the norm. How many of these things would you confess to?
Almost half of survey participants — a whopping 44 per cent — admitted to having a framed photo of their kitty (they're basically like your kids, aren't they?).
The average cat owner has 13 cat-related items in his or her home, including cat stuffed animals (43 per cent) and calendars (38 per cent).
Cat owners take full advantage of their smartphone cameras to capture their beloved furball in as many cute poses as possible: 47 per cent of cat mums and dads photograph their fur babies, with three being the average number of attempts needed to get the "purr-fect" shot.
We're not kidding. On average, cat owners spend three-and-a-half hours each week talking to their kitties. When was the last time you called your mum?
Cat owners report spending nine hours a week cuddling their cats - that's right, nine hours! Around 93 per cent of respondents said they felt a strong connection with their pet, and 60 per cent said their cat helped them cope when they were lonely. Meanwhile, 81 per cent of cat owners said they cared deeply about their feline's happiness.
In fact, you bear that title with pride! We just wonder if your moggy is as obsessed with you...
By Now To Love and Woman's World
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019