Cat owners don't just love their kitties, they're obsessed with them - although we often wonder how the cats feel about that.
If there was ever any doubt, the information we're about to give you will certainly quash that.
In a survey commissioned by Mars Petcare U.S. Inc. (a corporation that owns several pet-food brands and some veterinary chains), 1000 cat owners were asked to reveal all the adorable ways they bond with their felines. The results exposed a dedication that goes above and beyond the norm. How many of these things would you confess to?
Almost half of survey participants — a whopping 44 per cent — admitted to having a framed photo of their kitty (they're basically like your kids, aren't they?).
The average cat owner has 13 cat-related items in his or her home, including cat stuffed animals (43 per cent) and calendars (38 per cent).
Cat owners take full advantage of their smartphone cameras to capture their beloved furball in as many cute poses as possible: 47 per cent of cat mums and dads photograph their fur babies, with three being the average number of attempts needed to get the "purr-fect" shot.
We're not kidding. On average, cat owners spend three-and-a-half hours each week talking to their kitties. When was the last time you called your mum?
Cat owners report spending nine hours a week cuddling their cats - that's right, nine hours! Around 93 per cent of respondents said they felt a strong connection with their pet, and 60 per cent said their cat helped them cope when they were lonely. Meanwhile, 81 per cent of cat owners said they cared deeply about their feline's happiness.
In fact, you bear that title with pride! We just wonder if your moggy is as obsessed with you...
By Now To Love and Woman's World
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019