Cat owners don't just love their kitties, they're obsessed with them - although we often wonder how the cats feel about that.
If there was ever any doubt, the information we're about to give you will certainly quash that.
In a survey commissioned by Mars Petcare U.S. Inc. (a corporation that owns several pet-food brands and some veterinary chains), 1000 cat owners were asked to reveal all the adorable ways they bond with their felines. The results exposed a dedication that goes above and beyond the norm. How many of these things would you confess to?
Almost half of survey participants — a whopping 44 per cent — admitted to having a framed photo of their kitty (they're basically like your kids, aren't they?).
The average cat owner has 13 cat-related items in his or her home, including cat stuffed animals (43 per cent) and calendars (38 per cent).
Cat owners take full advantage of their smartphone cameras to capture their beloved furball in as many cute poses as possible: 47 per cent of cat mums and dads photograph their fur babies, with three being the average number of attempts needed to get the "purr-fect" shot.
We're not kidding. On average, cat owners spend three-and-a-half hours each week talking to their kitties. When was the last time you called your mum?
Cat owners report spending nine hours a week cuddling their cats - that's right, nine hours! Around 93 per cent of respondents said they felt a strong connection with their pet, and 60 per cent said their cat helped them cope when they were lonely. Meanwhile, 81 per cent of cat owners said they cared deeply about their feline's happiness.
In fact, you bear that title with pride! We just wonder if your moggy is as obsessed with you...
By Now To Love and Woman's World
- CareerMeet Christine Fernyhough - the intrepid Auckland housewife who took on a high country farm and won
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- RelationshipsJay-Jay Feeney dishes on her sizzling summer with her 'toyboy' Minou
Woman's DayToday 8:00am
- MindHilary Barry's perfect clap back at a viewer: ‘Enough with the age-shaming’
Now To LoveJan 24, 2020
- Diet & NutritionDiet and ‘detox’ teas have been pulled from New Zealand shelves
Now To LoveJan 23, 2020
- CareerNigella Lawson's new direction at 60: 'I feel so much more open to anything and everything'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 23, 2020
- WeddingsIt's love-all for tennis star Michael Venus as he marries the mother of his child
Woman's DayJan 23, 2020
- Pregnancy & BirthBreakfast’s Hayley Holt is expecting her first child
Now To LoveJan 22, 2020
- Real LifeFacing the fiery inferno: Kiwi family's frightening Aussie bushfire ordeal
Woman's DayJan 22, 2020