Ria Vandervis might be the star in her household, but it's her pooch Maeby who's the biggest princess on the set of Shortland Street!
"She comes to work every day with either my husband Chris or me," explains Ria, 35.
"She doesn't have a lot of alone time and she doesn't like going outside in the rain or getting wet. She loves the beach, but she hates getting in the water."
When Maeby, a cross Jack Russell/mini schnauzer/fox terrier, is styled in a diamond collar for our photo shoot, Ria admits it suits her personality. The soap star tells, "She is absolutely a little fur baby. We haven't had children yet, so she's definitely the apple of our eye."
Growing up, Ria never had pets because of her sisters' allergies, but after five years with Maeby, she couldn't imagine life without her.
"I adore her unconditional love and how when I get home from work if she has been with Chris all day and I haven't seen her, the reception I get ... It just melts my heart," enthuses Ria.
"She'll jump up and do flips in the air – she's like a little circus dog, she's so excited. You don't get that from anyone else."
- Celebrity NewsJacinda Ardern and Clarke Gayford set a wedding date!
Woman's DayMay 12, 2021
- SkincareAll you need to know about retinol and anti-ageing ingredients
Now To LoveMay 06, 2021
- Married at First SightMAFS Patrick and Belinda: 'Pat will make a great Dad!'
Woman's DayMay 05, 2021
- Married at First SightMAFS Bryce & Melissa: 'We're getting our own show!'
Woman's DayMay 04, 2021
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021