A study from Carroll University in Wisconsin has revealed what we've always wondered: who's better dog or cat people?
According to social scientists, our personality traits often determine whether we favour feline friends or puppy pals, so whichever you are, it says plenty about you.
The recent study, that was performed on 600 university students, asked whether participants were dog or cat people.
They were then told to list qualities they most liked about their preferred animal, and of their own personalities.
The results found dog lovers are typically more energetic and outgoing, but were also all about following rules whereas feline fanatics were non-conformists.
“It makes sense that a dog person is going to be more lively, because they're going to want to be out there, outside, talking to people, bringing their dog," says Associate Professor Guastello.
"Whereas, if you're more introverted, and sensitive, maybe you're more at home reading a book, and your cat doesn't need to go outside for a walk."
But here’s where we get to the good part, what you came here for.
The participants were also asked a range of questions to assess how clever they are, and we're sorry to say it dog lovers, but cat people came out on top when it comes to intelligence.
But before you demand a recount, keep in mind this was only a small study so this theory could be disproved.
- Diet & NutritionJamie Oliver opens up about his recent weight loss and his mission to inspire healthy eating
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- FamilySamantha Hayes' baby Marlow joins her on the newsdesk and all we can say is awww!
Now To LoveToday 6:40pm
- RoyalsThe Sun's executive editor Kiwi Dan Wootton on his royal scoops and tabloid career
Now To LoveToday 2:45pm
- BodyWhy we should all be exercising our pelvic floor muscles every day
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry asks to simply be called ‘Harry’ during his first engagement since moving to Canada
Now To LoveYesterday 11:50am
- RoyalsThere has been a coronavirus scare at Prince George and Princess Charlotte’s school in London
Now To LoveYesterday 10:05am
- WeddingsHappily ever after: Meet the Kiwi bride who has married herself
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:21am
- FamilyShe was my escape: Taylor Swift's heartbreak over her mum's health scare
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:09am
- WeddingsRebekah Palmer's dreamy summer wedding was a day full of surprises
Woman's DayYesterday 8:15am