Whether you're posting your kitty pics to social media or just showing them off to your colleagues, these tricks will have you taking your best cat photos yet.
So grab your camera or phone and let's get started!
Whether your furry munchkin is sprawling on the floor or perching on top of the wardrobe, take a step into your cat's world by placing your camera up high or down low.
Use toys, sounds and objects to get your cat's attention – snapping your fingers, tossing a pebble, rustling plastic bags or paper are all effective ways to get him to prick his ears and look handsomely photogenic.
For that amazing acrobatic shot of your furry friend as they leap gracefully through the air or pounces on a leaf, the 'auto' or 'action' setting on your camera or phone is the perfect tool to capture every movement.
Luckily cats are most active in the early morning and evening, which are both great times of day for taking advantage of beautiful light outdoors. If you're shooting your fluffy darling inside, try luring him to an area with plenty of natural light.
Be prepared to spend time to get the shot you want or, by simply waiting and watching with your camera ready, you might just get that perfect candid pic of your beloved fluff ball.
And don't forget to have plenty of DINE® Creamy Treats handy for a little bribery and reward!
- BodyThe simple way to treat ageing skin concerns at home
Now To LoveToday 4:40pm
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:42am