When English fire fighters rushed to the rescue of a parrot that had been stuck on a roof for three days they weren't expecting to be told to "f&#* off".
But that's exactly what an unimpressed Jessie the Macaw told them when they made it to her roof-top perch - before flying on to the neighbour's place.
Jessie had escaped her Edmonton, north London home but when she was still perched on the same roof after three days her owner worried that she was injured and couldn't get down, so called the fire brigade.
After ascending the ladder, on advice from her owner, they told her they loved her and she adorably replied "I love you back" - only to then ruffle feathers by telling them to "f* off".
Watch Manager Chris Swallow told the Daily Mail, "We were told that to bond with the parrot, you have to tell her 'I love you', which is exactly what the crew manager did. While Jessie responded 'I love you' back, we then discovered that she had a bit of a foul mouth and kept swearing, much to our amusement."
Jessie apparently speaks Turkish and Greek as well so lord knows what expletives she uses in those languages.
As it was apparent the foul-mouthed fowl was ininjured, her rescurers took down their ladder and went on their merry way. Not without a bit of a chortle though.
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveToday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayToday 8:05am
- TVWhy 2019's Dancing with the Stars cast was so close - and who's missing who now that it's over
Now To LoveYesterday 3:42pm
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William are reportedly planning a royal tour of Asia this year
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Martha Kalifatidis opens up about being bullied
Now To LoveYesterday 9:55am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyThe woman who supported Arthur Taylor through four decades in prison
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Stacy and Adam's biggest challenge
Woman's DayJun 24, 2019
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson brings to light one of the royal family's saddest tales from the past
Now To LoveJun 24, 2019