They say dogs look like their owners, but it's quite the opposite for lanky Dominic Harvey and his wee Sydney silkie Kanye.
"I didn't realise until I got him that he's an old ladies' breed," laughs The Edge breakfast radio star.
"Whenever you see one at the park, it's generally with a really old lady and they usually have a tartan blanket over them. But I've got no regrets. I love the breed."
Dom, 46, a finalist in Woman's Day and Bonds X-Temp's search for New Zealand's Hottest Media Hunk, also admits he didn't think through the moniker Kanye when it came to naming his pooch.
"I'm a big fan of rapper Kanye West and when he was a brand-new puppy, he just seemed to have this attitude that suited the name. I like the name, it's unique and different to Ben and Bella, but it's embarrassing when you're at the park and he runs on to a field, and you have to yell, 'Kanye! Kanye."
The cute canine has also become a social media star, often popping up on Dom's Instagram.
"He makes my heart melt," smiles Dom. "I can't apologise for putting too many photos of him on the 'gram. Imagine if I had actual kids – I'd be pathetic!"
- RoyalsUPDATED: Harry and Meghan's bombshell interview with Oprah airs in NZ next week
Now To LoveMar 01, 2021
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank have revealed the name of their son
Now To LoveFeb 21, 2021
- RoyalsPrince Harry and Duchess Meghan are having another baby!
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2021
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie & husband Jack Brooksbank have welcomed their first child
Now To LoveFeb 10, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Paul Patterson: 'I'm cooking up romance'
Woman's DayFeb 03, 2021
- MindBeating the bottle: My party girl life was killing me
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 25, 2021