They say dogs look like their owners, but it's quite the opposite for lanky Dominic Harvey and his wee Sydney silkie Kanye.
"I didn't realise until I got him that he's an old ladies' breed," laughs The Edge breakfast radio star.
"Whenever you see one at the park, it's generally with a really old lady and they usually have a tartan blanket over them. But I've got no regrets. I love the breed."
Dom, 46, a finalist in Woman's Day and Bonds X-Temp's search for New Zealand's Hottest Media Hunk, also admits he didn't think through the moniker Kanye when it came to naming his pooch.
"I'm a big fan of rapper Kanye West and when he was a brand-new puppy, he just seemed to have this attitude that suited the name. I like the name, it's unique and different to Ben and Bella, but it's embarrassing when you're at the park and he runs on to a field, and you have to yell, 'Kanye! Kanye."
The cute canine has also become a social media star, often popping up on Dom's Instagram.
"He makes my heart melt," smiles Dom. "I can't apologise for putting too many photos of him on the 'gram. Imagine if I had actual kids – I'd be pathetic!"
- FitnessRunning just once a week lowers your risk of early death - here's how to get started
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMeet Christine Fernyhough - the intrepid Auckland housewife who took on a high country farm and won
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- RelationshipsJay-Jay Feeney dishes on her sizzling summer with her 'toyboy' Minou
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- MindHilary Barry's perfect clap back at a viewer: ‘Enough with the age-shaming’
Now To LoveJan 24, 2020
- Diet & NutritionDiet and ‘detox’ teas have been pulled from New Zealand shelves
Now To LoveJan 23, 2020
- CareerNigella Lawson's new direction at 60: 'I feel so much more open to anything and everything'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 23, 2020
- WeddingsIt's love-all for tennis star Michael Venus as he marries the mother of his child
Woman's DayJan 23, 2020