When it comes to Kiwi women's relationship with money and saving, Retirement Commissioner Diane Maxwell has some good and bad news.
While many of us are good at sticking to the weekly budget and making ends meet, she says we let ourselves down when we don't think about our long-term money goals and security.
Maxwell says the commission is encouraging women to make time for themselves to focus on finances. This month they will launch a social media campaign that urges women to take an hour out on July 30 to plan for their financial future. Diane will issue a letter online for women to print out and present to their family that will have instructions not to bother them during that time.
The women will then be able to fill in an online quiz about their current situation, which will point them in the direction of more information and tools to help them get their future sorted. The Commission will also have a team of experts standing by – live online – to answer any questions they may have.
In the meantime, watch some helpful, no-nonsense tips and ideas from Maxwell in the video above.
- TVOur broody Bachelorette: 'David Attenborough is my dream man'
Woman's DayJan 20, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020