When it comes to Kiwi women's relationship with money and saving, Retirement Commissioner Diane Maxwell has some good and bad news.
While many of us are good at sticking to the weekly budget and making ends meet, she says we let ourselves down when we don't think about our long-term money goals and security.
Maxwell says the commission is encouraging women to make time for themselves to focus on finances. This month they will launch a social media campaign that urges women to take an hour out on July 30 to plan for their financial future. Diane will issue a letter online for women to print out and present to their family that will have instructions not to bother them during that time.
The women will then be able to fill in an online quiz about their current situation, which will point them in the direction of more information and tools to help them get their future sorted. The Commission will also have a team of experts standing by – live online – to answer any questions they may have.
In the meantime, watch some helpful, no-nonsense tips and ideas from Maxwell in the video above.
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Lexie and Hamish are moving in together!
Woman's DayMar 11, 2021
- TVHit single Moses: 'I didn't think I deserved love!'
Woman's DayMar 09, 2021
- TVHere are the queens competing in RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Now To LoveMar 07, 2021