We are hoping to buy a new barbecue for the holidays and are wondering how much to pay.
There’s quite a variety, but many are out of our price range. Is there anything in particular we should be looking for?
I’ve also been checking these out, and while the range of products is phenomenal, the creeping level of culinary skill required is also unnerving.
Wasn’t the barbecue meant to be the casual alternative to a proper meal inside? Something that the old man could handle?
Now it seems some BBQs are not only more expensive than indoor ovens, but have a greater level of sophistication. Frankly, I reckon us blokes have been sucked in. After all, the more that’s spent on a BBQ, the more it needs to be used. And the more it’s used, the more often we men are out there, slaving over a hot grill. “What’s wrong with that?”
I can hear most readers say – but I’m straying off the point.
To answer your question, $800 is easily enough for a new one – unless cooking is your hobby. I’m looking at spending $500. As for what to look for, I heartily recommend Consumer Online. Their experts have completed three surveys in about as many years, and offer detailed recommendations for every price bracket. Besides, I’m due on the deck to start making the dinner!
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019