Some of my favourite shopping spots are in foreign places and thanks to internet shopping, I can get goods to fly to me instead of the other way around. Be warned, though – recent changes mean these foreign purchases aren’t the cheap trip they used to be. \n\n1. The bad news\n\nThere’s long been a rumour that you can buy clothes from overseas for up to $NZ400 without incurring any extra tax, but this is not true. I came very unstuck recently when I bought some of my favourite knitwear on sale from US store Eileen Fisher.\n\nBasically, it was held for ransom until I forked out almost $200 more to Customs. The courier company didn’t know why, just that I had to pay the combination of GST, duty, an extra courier fee and a $49.24 “import entry transaction fee”. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind paying tax, but I did mind not knowing that I had to – and don’t get me started on the “import entry transaction fee”.
- SkincareAll you need to know about retinol and anti-ageing ingredients
Now To LoveMay 06, 2021
- Married at First SightMAFS Patrick and Belinda: 'Pat will make a great Dad!'
Woman's DayMay 05, 2021
- Married at First SightMAFS Bryce & Melissa: 'We're getting our own show!'
Woman's DayMay 04, 2021
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021