Take a tint
Paint a picture
Stimulate the senses
Light the way
- Keep your floors and walls light-coloured. White ceilings also enhance natural light.
- Use light, sheer curtains instead of bulky, lined ones.
- Use mirrors to reflect light. Hang them adjacent to or opposite a window.
- Decorate with reflective and transparent materials such as wall tiles, glass table tops and metal accessories.
- Allow maximum light into rooms by having glazed internal doors rather than solid ones.
- Keep windows sparklingly clean and if you have a privacy window, in a bathroom for instance, consider using frosted glass.
- Install a skylight to capture more light.