After a relaxing meal with their family in Gisborne, The Block New Zealand winners Amy and Stu head off for their favourite part of Christmas – camping at picturesque Pouawa Beach.
"It's a classic New Zealand holiday," says Amy, 39, as she takes Woman's Day on a tour of their restored 1970s caravan, which she and Stu, 46, have nicknamed Roberta.
"Camping was something Stu had always done and when we got together, I thought I wouldn't like it at all, but I did! It was just such an escape."
They stay at the caravan on and off for the whole of January, but luckily, home is only a 15-minute drive away from the campsite if they need to pop back.
"Camping as an adult is just as fun as when you're a kid because it's an excuse for complete relaxation," Amy explains.
"I can mow through three or four books – I just can't do that at home because I have washing that needs hanging out and there are jobs that need doing. We switch off from life and our phones, which is something people don't do enough of."
- SkincareAll you need to know about retinol and anti-ageing ingredients
Now To LoveMay 06, 2021
- Married at First SightMAFS Patrick and Belinda: 'Pat will make a great Dad!'
Woman's DayMay 05, 2021
- Married at First SightMAFS Bryce & Melissa: 'We're getting our own show!'
Woman's DayMay 04, 2021
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021