After a relaxing meal with their family in Gisborne, The Block New Zealand winners Amy and Stu head off for their favourite part of Christmas – camping at picturesque Pouawa Beach.
"It's a classic New Zealand holiday," says Amy, 39, as she takes Woman's Day on a tour of their restored 1970s caravan, which she and Stu, 46, have nicknamed Roberta.
"Camping was something Stu had always done and when we got together, I thought I wouldn't like it at all, but I did! It was just such an escape."
They stay at the caravan on and off for the whole of January, but luckily, home is only a 15-minute drive away from the campsite if they need to pop back.
"Camping as an adult is just as fun as when you're a kid because it's an excuse for complete relaxation," Amy explains.
"I can mow through three or four books – I just can't do that at home because I have washing that needs hanging out and there are jobs that need doing. We switch off from life and our phones, which is something people don't do enough of."
- FamilyAmy Schumer is 'mom-shamed' for returning to work two weeks after having her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:05pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks pretty in pink at the latest Buckingham Palace Garden Party
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars: It's only going to get harder from here on in, says Carol-Ann Hanna
Now To LoveYesterday 2:11pm
- TVOur top three moments from Dancing With The Stars, week six
Now To LoveYesterday 11:45am
- FamilyGemma McCaw on navigating the first few months of motherhood
Woman's DayYesterday 11:20am
- BodyMeet the inspiring Kiwi mum who battled bowel cancer while pregnant
Woman's DayYesterday 11:08am
- FamilyReal Housewives of Auckland's Anne Batley-Burton on the sad secret to her business success
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:15am
- MindJo Seagar on the importance of talking about death
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:00am
- FamilyThese inspiring people are our individual 'Grandparent of the year' winners
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMay 20, 2019
- RoyalsAnother royal wedding: All the details from Lady Gabriella Windsor’s gorgeous nuptials
Now To LoveMay 20, 2019
- TVNadia Lim admits Dancing With The Stars is 'the biggest challenge I've ever taken on'
Woman's DayMay 20, 2019