There's plenty of advice out there for upcycling your home pre-sell.
But while some clever decor tricks, a lick of paint and a good clean can go a long way, the answer to getting more for your pad is apparently extremely simple.
According to the property section of The Telegraph, buyers in the UK pay up to 40 per cent more for homes that have a name rather than just a number.
A name plaque for the house, that retail from around $60 here in New Zealand, added thousands to the amount buyers were willing to pay for their new home.
OnTheMarket.com research found buyers will spend between $10 and $100K (NZ) more on homes that include regal words such as 'Royal,' "Palace' or 'Lord.'
Meanwhile Wetherell, who sell some of the most upmarket properties in London's Mayfair, found that addresses that included 'Crescent' and 'Mews' boosted prices by 40 per cent.
Other research has confirmed that homes with 'lane' in the address can sell for over $100K more than those with 'street.'
Cottages, house or hall also make the property more desirable, but being number 13 works against you, with this number selling over $10K less than other numbers.
And while this research was conducted over in the UK, who's to say this doesn't apply to Kiwi homes too. Might be time to purchase that name plate.
Watch below: Home of the Year 2017
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- TVWhat drove these celebs to sign up for Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 12:35pm
- Pregnancy & BirthWhy model Ashley Graham's baby bump photo has got everyone talking
Now To LoveToday 12:07pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine honours this lucky nine-year-old to celebrate World Photography Day
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerI loved him like a son: Phil Kingsley Jones remembers Jonah Lomu in his final years
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:29am
- TVMatty McLean says he's lived some of his proudest moments on Celebrity Treasure Island
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- TVThe redemption of former All Black Zac Guildford on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45pm
- TVKarl Burnett quits Celebrity Treasure Island as mental health suffers
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- Married at First SightMAFS' Cyrell Paule is expecting a baby with Love Island's Eden Dally
Now To LoveYesterday 1:21pm
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry jet off on another family holiday to the south of France
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyWhy Karl Burnett is hoping to be voted off Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am