- Mix 2 tbsp borax (available on my websiteor from a chemist) with 1 cup icing sugar. Borax can be harmful to children and pets, so put the mixture in a container with a lid and poke holes in the side to let the ants in
- Wipe down affected shelves and surfaces with neat vinegar. You can also put it in a spray bottle and spray the ants directly
- Eucalyptus, peppermint, lavender or tea tree essential oils also repel ants. Add a few drops to 1 cup of water in a spray bottle
- Talcum powder is very effective. Apparently, ants breathe through their skin and talcum powder clogs their breathing function. In their haste to escape, they return to their nest, thereby infecting the others and the nest. We had a bad infestation on our lawn so I observed their movements and discovered the nest. There were thousands of the little blighters! One shake of talcum powder over the entrance (and on areas leading to and from) and within 48 hours there wasn’t a single ant in sight. Time taken: 5 minutes. Cost: about 30 cents. Risk factor: zero.
Everywhere I go at the moment, people are complaining about ants. Please don’t rush off to get some poison – here are some natural remedies you can use instead:
Take a look at how to clean blinds here.
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Lexie and Hamish are moving in together!
Woman's DayMar 11, 2021
- TVHit single Moses: 'I didn't think I deserved love!'
Woman's DayMar 09, 2021
- TVHere are the queens competing in RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Now To LoveMar 07, 2021