Frank Sinatra's home at Broad Beach in Malibu, California, is on the market for the first time ever. The sprawling house has been listed for USD $12.9 million (almost NZD $19 million).
Sinatra and his wife Barbara bought the property in 1992, when Sinatra was 75, and had architect-to-the-stars Ted Grenzbach design the home. The two-story, 5,800-square-foot house has seven bedrooms and nine bathrooms. The master suite has a lounge, fireplace, dual bathrooms, a sauna and its own hair salon.
The rest of the property boasts an indoor-outdoor bar, gourmet kitchen, leopard print carpeted stairs, and elevator and a plunge sized swimming pool and spa.
While the couple also owned homes in Palm Springs and Los Angeles, the Malibu beach house is where they chose to renew their vows in 1996.
"I met Mr and Mrs Sinatra in the early 90s when mutual friend and poker pal Angie Dickinson invited me to their beach house for a Sunday afternoon" co-listing agent Leonard Rabinowitz told The Wall Street Journal.
"When you enter the front door of the Sinatra Beach House there is an expansive view straight through the house and grounds to the ocean. As spectacular as the ocean view is, I was just as struck by those seated in the living room. There were Mr and Mrs Gregory Peck, Jack Lemmon, Dick Martin, Robert Wagner, Louis Jourdan Steve Lawrence, Edye Gorme, and Dick Van Dyke. A room full of legends!
"The real skinny on Barbara and Frank Sinatra is that they were a loving, talented and extremely generous couple. I was blessed in that I was invited back every week for 25+ years. To me, and the others, this was the happiest place on earth. It was cards and giggles among friends in the magnificent setting."
For a tour of their stunning beach home, scroll below.
All photos are by Mike Helfrich, courtesy of Top 10 Real Estate Deals.
1 / 0
2 / 0
3 / 0
4 / 0
5 / 0
6 / 0
7 / 0
8 / 0
9 / 0
10 / 0
11 / 0
12 / 0
13 / 0
14 / 0
15 / 0
16 / 0
17 / 0
18 / 0
19 / 0
- CareerMeet the trailblazing female shepherd who won a prestigious award previously only won by men
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:18am
- RoyalsYet another example of the harsh double standard Duchess Meghan faces
Now To LoveToday 8:15am
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveToday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayToday 8:05am
- TVWhy 2019's Dancing with the Stars cast was so close - and who's missing who now that it's over
Now To LoveYesterday 3:42pm
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William are reportedly planning a royal tour of Asia this year
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Martha Kalifatidis opens up about being bullied
Now To LoveYesterday 9:55am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyThe woman who supported Arthur Taylor through four decades in prison
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am