Frank Sinatra's home at Broad Beach in Malibu, California, is on the market for the first time ever. The sprawling house has been listed for USD $12.9 million (almost NZD $19 million).
Sinatra and his wife Barbara bought the property in 1992, when Sinatra was 75, and had architect-to-the-stars Ted Grenzbach design the home. The two-story, 5,800-square-foot house has seven bedrooms and nine bathrooms. The master suite has a lounge, fireplace, dual bathrooms, a sauna and its own hair salon.
The rest of the property boasts an indoor-outdoor bar, gourmet kitchen, leopard print carpeted stairs, and elevator and a plunge sized swimming pool and spa.
While the couple also owned homes in Palm Springs and Los Angeles, the Malibu beach house is where they chose to renew their vows in 1996.
"I met Mr and Mrs Sinatra in the early 90s when mutual friend and poker pal Angie Dickinson invited me to their beach house for a Sunday afternoon" co-listing agent Leonard Rabinowitz told The Wall Street Journal.
"When you enter the front door of the Sinatra Beach House there is an expansive view straight through the house and grounds to the ocean. As spectacular as the ocean view is, I was just as struck by those seated in the living room. There were Mr and Mrs Gregory Peck, Jack Lemmon, Dick Martin, Robert Wagner, Louis Jourdan Steve Lawrence, Edye Gorme, and Dick Van Dyke. A room full of legends!
"The real skinny on Barbara and Frank Sinatra is that they were a loving, talented and extremely generous couple. I was blessed in that I was invited back every week for 25+ years. To me, and the others, this was the happiest place on earth. It was cards and giggles among friends in the magnificent setting."
For a tour of their stunning beach home, scroll below.
All photos are by Mike Helfrich, courtesy of Top 10 Real Estate Deals.
1 / 0
2 / 0
3 / 0
4 / 0
5 / 0
6 / 0
7 / 0
8 / 0
9 / 0
10 / 0
11 / 0
12 / 0
13 / 0
14 / 0
15 / 0
16 / 0
17 / 0
18 / 0
19 / 0
- RoyalsKiwi royal Gary Lewis has split from Lady Davina Windsor
Now To LoveToday 8:45am
- Pregnancy & BirthShortland Street star Laurel Devenie's perfectly-timed pregnancy
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Melissa is on the hunt for a Kiwi bachelor
Woman's DayToday 8:20am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan's first appearance after her maternity leave has been revealed
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- Married at First SightDevastating news as MAFS' Nic reveals his cancer has returned
Now To LoveYesterday 11:28am
- FamilyKatie Holmes and her daughter Suri bond with women and children at a refugee camp in Greece
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- FamilyGemma McCaw on the importance of being a role model for your children
Woman's DayYesterday 10:30am
- BodyMeet Caleb Wright - the 12-year-old brain cancer sufferer bringing laughter to other sick kids
Woman's DayYesterday 8:45am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Tamara and Mick get cosy off screen
Now To LoveYesterday 8:33am
- Mind4 reasons why embracing boredom could change your life for the better
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:30am
- Diet & Nutrition'I Quit Sugar' author Sarah Wilson talks diet, anxiety and going back-to-basics
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:00am
- BodyHow this woman came up with a way to help women struggling with PCOS take control
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:45am
- BodyHow to understand your body clock for the best quality sleep
Good Health ChoicesMar 24, 2019