Our home is our sanctuary, and there's nothing like coming through the front door at the end of a long day to flop down on your couch in your own space.
But we can't be there all of the time. Work takes up a large chunk of each day and we all love to go on holiday, even if it's just for a weekend away or a few days camping at Christmas.
So who takes care of your home while you're not there? You can't always get a house sitter and you may not know your neighbours well enough to ask them to keep an eye on things.
Thanks to clever technology, though, you don't need to rely on other people to hold the fort for you.
At Noel Leeming a range of smart home technology products are available that keep your house secure while you're not there - and best of all, you can install or upload many of these gadgets yourself. And if you do get stuck Noel Leeming Tech Solutions can visit your house and help. Here are some of our top picks:
The Ring doorbell allows you to answer the door from your smart device no matter where you are. Once a visitor (or courier!) has rung the doorbell, you will be able see, hear or talk with them.
It's ideal if you're expecting an important delivery (ie. that online buy from your favourite clothing store) and need to it be stored somewhere safe.
The Ring doorbell simply connects to your wifi and so easy to install you can do it yourself.
The arlo camera is a wire-free security camera that is easy to install and can be used outside or inside. Via the app, you can view the live footage anytime or receive an email or mobile alert whenever motion or audio is detected.
Putting lights on a timer while you are away is a tried and true method to make it look like someone is at home. The Philips Hue allows you to control your lights from your smartphone or tablet, and you can also programme your lights to turn on at a specific time every day.
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry spent Valentine's Day next to a shrine dedicated to himself and Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Matthew Bennett insists losing his virginity to Lauren hasn't changed him
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayFeb 14, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 14, 2019
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019