Usually a service people turn to for car woes, the New Zealand Automobile Association has launched a new tradie service for those with household emergencies.
AA Home Response promises to help take the hassle of out of finding a tradesperson in a hurry to fix common household breakdowns like blocked or burst pipes, lockouts and electrical failures.
AA says the service will run 24 hours a day, seven days a week and aims to get a tradesperson to an emergency within 60 minutes, or at a time to suit the householder.
AA Membership and Brand General Manager Dougal Swift says its research found AA Members are keen for a home service along the lines of AA Roadservice, which helps members when their vehicles breakdown.
"Almost two thirds of those we surveyed said they had needed a tradesperson in the past 12 months," Mr Swift says.
"But unless they were connected through friends or family, getting someone to fix the problem fast was often difficult."
AA Home Response costs from $32 per year with other options available for landlords and those likely to require more callouts during the year.
At the moment the service is only available in the Auckland region but the AA says it will gradually roll it out to other centres.
- FamilyHappy birthday Neve! New Zealand's First Baby turns one!
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- FitnessAdele’s taken up a new healthy hobby and it’s helped her lose more than 6kg
Now To LoveToday 10:45am
- RelationshipsOlympic rower Emma Twigg's whirlwind proposal: 'When you know, you know'
Woman's DayToday 10:00am
- FitnessSilver Swans: the ballet class for dancers aged 55-plus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:15am
- CompetitionsBe in to win the trip of a lifetime to Italy with Jo Seagar!
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- RoyalsMike Tindall makes the Queen laugh when he reveals what's hiding under his top hat
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- RoyalsA woman is in hospital after an accident involving Prince William and Duchess Catherine's royal convoy
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- Real LifeJoyous news! Sub title technology for the hearing impaired is being trialled at NZ cinemas
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsRoyal ladies in blue! See all the gorgeous outfits from the first day of Royal Ascot 2019
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- MindGemma McCaw's 6 steps to being confident in your own skin
Woman's DayYesterday 9:00am
- BodyWhy entering middle-age is actually the perfect time to get your health back on track
Good Health ChoicesJun 18, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has opened up about the ‘joy’ of adopting rescue animals
Now To LoveJun 18, 2019
- TVCan Matty McLean surprise us all and last the distance on Celebrity Treasure Island?
Now To LoveJun 18, 2019