1 Deter fleas by washing pet bedding and blankets in salt water mixed 1 cup to 1 litre of water. Do not rinse, just wring and dry. Also sprinkle salt in dog kennels or anywhere your pets sleep.
2 Use salt to deter ants by sprinkling it wherever you see them entering the house.
3 Sprinkle salt on weeds, then pour boiling water over to kill them.
4 If you spill food in the oven or on your stovetop, sprinkle immediately with salt to prevent it from forming a hard crust.
5 To clean your coffee pot or teapot, fill it with ¼ cup of salt and some ice cubes. Let it sit for half an hour, fill with cold water, then rinse.
6 Rub your car windscreen with salt water to prevent frost.
7 If you drop an egg, sprinkle it with salt and leave it for half an hour. It will be much easier to clean up.
8 Stop your barbecue from going wild by sprinkling some salt on the coals to calm the flames down – that way, they don’t burn the sausages.
9 To sooth a bee sting, cover it with salt.
- At homeHow clean, green living can start with small day-to-day changes in the kitchen
Now To LoveToday 10:45am
- TVLaura Daniel and her DWTS partner Shae Mountain get matching tattoos
Now To LoveToday 10:41am
- RoyalsPrince William was just asked how he'd feel if one of his children came out as gay
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- CareerMeet the trailblazing female shepherd who won a prestigious award previously only won by men
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:18am
- RoyalsYet another example of the harsh double standard Duchess Meghan faces
Now To LoveToday 8:15am
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveYesterday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 8:05am
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveJun 25, 2019
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 25, 2019