As a business owner, wife and mama to "three gorgeous ratbags" Noah, Van and Florence, Haley Tukere is the definition of busy.
However, she enjoys taking time for herself by walking with friends in her West Auckland neighbourhood of Titirangi and, as an event stylist, she loves to spend time rearranging the décor at home.
Haley started her own business, Lovely Like You, after having her second child and has recently rebranded as 'Fete' – with a focus on brand event planning and styling. Here she shares the eco-friendly habits that have become part of her everyday.
"Reusable shopping bags are the norm now. They are so much easier to carry and transport food that I much prefer to use them anyway. My car boot is often full of shopping bags and bags of soft plastics for recycling but it's not a big deal – it's a mess with three kids anyway! Recycling our soft plastics is a small but easy change to our routine. I drop the soft plastic recycling off in the bins provided outside supermarkets when doing the weekly shop."
"When planning and styling events I try to use reusable tableware – it produces less waste and is much nicer to drink and eat from. When disposable tableware is required for an event, it's about making better choices and sourcing sustainable plates, cups, cutlery and napkins. There are quite a few cool options out there now and corporate clients are definitely behind this, often highlighting the importance themselves."
"We are trying hard to make environmentally conscious decisions in our household and the kids are great at adopting changes and sharing what they are being taught at school with us. They are certainly more aware of what we need to do to protect our planet, which is great to see and hear! We try to create rubbish-free lunches for school using bento-style boxes, which eliminates the need to wrap things individually."
Brushing our teeth is a habit ingrained in us long ago, so make it a more sustainable practice with ecostore's new oral care range. ecostore toothpaste and mouthwash uses naturally derived ingredients to clean teeth, freshen breath and help protect gums. The toothbrush and mouthwash bottle are made from plant plastic – ensuring they are safer for the planet.
The ecostore oral care range is available now in supermarkets nationwide, from $4.99.
- FamilyRussell Crowe's heartwarming revelation about his sons strikes a chord with many
Now To LoveToday 1:23pm
- RoyalsA royal reporter reveals the job Prince Harry once dreamed of before he met Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveToday 11:55am
- TVLaura Daniel joins Seven Sharp team as special correspondent
Now To LoveToday 11:04am
- Expert AdviceKids' back-to-school worries and how you can help to ease them
Now To LoveToday 9:08am
- FamilyCelebrated artist Dame Louise Henderson's lost paintings and her daughter's mission to track them down
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- CareerWhy Olivia Newton-John's damehood holds extra significance
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:50am
- TVBachelorette Lesina Nakhid-Schuster lets us in on her reasons for joining the show
Woman's DayToday 8:15am
- RoyalsTwo of Archie’s godparents have been revealed to be Prince Harry’s closest childhood mentors
Now To LoveYesterday 3:30pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry reveals he felt 'there was no option' but to leave royal life
Now To LoveYesterday 11:18am
- RoyalsMike and Zara Tindall open up about family life and why they consider Australia their 'second home'
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 11:00am
- Diet & NutritionWhich diet would work best for you according to your personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:00am
- CareerArchie's beanie: Meet the Kiwi women whose business has been transformed thanks to one royal post
Woman's DayYesterday 7:30am
- MindParalympian Sophie Pascoe opens up about her two-year private battle and why she tries to stay real on social media
Good Health ChoicesJan 19, 2020
- Body8 Kiwi stars reveal their health, fitness and wellbeing goals for 2020
Good Health ChoicesJan 18, 2020
- MindHow to live a life less rushed: savouring the good times
NEXTJan 18, 2020
- CareerBrendan Cole's new X-Factor Celebrity gig and why he's happy to have the tables turned
Woman's DayJan 18, 2020