As a business owner, wife and mama to "three gorgeous ratbags" Noah, Van and Florence, Haley Tukere is the definition of busy.
However, she enjoys taking time for herself by walking with friends in her West Auckland neighbourhood of Titirangi and, as an event stylist, she loves to spend time rearranging the décor at home.
Haley started her own business, Lovely Like You, after having her second child and has recently rebranded as 'Fete' – with a focus on brand event planning and styling. Here she shares the eco-friendly habits that have become part of her everyday.
"Reusable shopping bags are the norm now. They are so much easier to carry and transport food that I much prefer to use them anyway. My car boot is often full of shopping bags and bags of soft plastics for recycling but it's not a big deal – it's a mess with three kids anyway! Recycling our soft plastics is a small but easy change to our routine. I drop the soft plastic recycling off in the bins provided outside supermarkets when doing the weekly shop."
"When planning and styling events I try to use reusable tableware – it produces less waste and is much nicer to drink and eat from. When disposable tableware is required for an event, it's about making better choices and sourcing sustainable plates, cups, cutlery and napkins. There are quite a few cool options out there now and corporate clients are definitely behind this, often highlighting the importance themselves."
"We are trying hard to make environmentally conscious decisions in our household and the kids are great at adopting changes and sharing what they are being taught at school with us. They are certainly more aware of what we need to do to protect our planet, which is great to see and hear! We try to create rubbish-free lunches for school using bento-style boxes, which eliminates the need to wrap things individually."
Brushing our teeth is a habit ingrained in us long ago, so make it a more sustainable practice with ecostore's new oral care range. ecostore toothpaste and mouthwash uses naturally derived ingredients to clean teeth, freshen breath and help protect gums. The toothbrush and mouthwash bottle are made from plant plastic – ensuring they are safer for the planet.
The ecostore oral care range is available now in supermarkets nationwide, from $4.99.
- At homeHow clean, green living can start with small day-to-day changes in the kitchen
Now To LoveToday 10:45am
- TVLaura Daniel and her DWTS partner Shae Mountain get matching tattoos
Now To LoveToday 10:41am
- RoyalsPrince William was just asked how he'd feel if one of his children came out as gay
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- CareerMeet the trailblazing female shepherd who won a prestigious award previously only won by men
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:18am
- RoyalsYet another example of the harsh double standard Duchess Meghan faces
Now To LoveToday 8:15am
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveToday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayToday 8:05am
- TVWhy 2019's Dancing with the Stars cast was so close - and who's missing who now that it's over
Now To LoveYesterday 3:42pm
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William are reportedly planning a royal tour of Asia this year
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Martha Kalifatidis opens up about being bullied
Now To LoveYesterday 9:55am