As a business owner, wife and mama to "three gorgeous ratbags" Noah, Van and Florence, Haley Tukere is the definition of busy.
However, she enjoys taking time for herself by walking with friends in her West Auckland neighbourhood of Titirangi and, as an event stylist, she loves to spend time rearranging the décor at home.
Haley started her own business, Lovely Like You, after having her second child and has recently rebranded as 'Fete' – with a focus on brand event planning and styling. Here she shares the eco-friendly habits that have become part of her everyday.
"Reusable shopping bags are the norm now. They are so much easier to carry and transport food that I much prefer to use them anyway. My car boot is often full of shopping bags and bags of soft plastics for recycling but it's not a big deal – it's a mess with three kids anyway! Recycling our soft plastics is a small but easy change to our routine. I drop the soft plastic recycling off in the bins provided outside supermarkets when doing the weekly shop."
"When planning and styling events I try to use reusable tableware – it produces less waste and is much nicer to drink and eat from. When disposable tableware is required for an event, it's about making better choices and sourcing sustainable plates, cups, cutlery and napkins. There are quite a few cool options out there now and corporate clients are definitely behind this, often highlighting the importance themselves."
"We are trying hard to make environmentally conscious decisions in our household and the kids are great at adopting changes and sharing what they are being taught at school with us. They are certainly more aware of what we need to do to protect our planet, which is great to see and hear! We try to create rubbish-free lunches for school using bento-style boxes, which eliminates the need to wrap things individually."
Brushing our teeth is a habit ingrained in us long ago, so make it a more sustainable practice with ecostore's new oral care range. ecostore toothpaste and mouthwash uses naturally derived ingredients to clean teeth, freshen breath and help protect gums. The toothbrush and mouthwash bottle are made from plant plastic – ensuring they are safer for the planet.
The ecostore oral care range is available now in supermarkets nationwide, from $4.99.
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- TVWhat drove these celebs to sign up for Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 12:35pm
- Pregnancy & BirthWhy model Ashley Graham's baby bump photo has got everyone talking
Now To LoveToday 12:07pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine honours this lucky nine-year-old to celebrate World Photography Day
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerI loved him like a son: Phil Kingsley Jones remembers Jonah Lomu in his final years
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:29am
- TVMatty McLean says he's lived some of his proudest moments on Celebrity Treasure Island
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- TVThe redemption of former All Black Zac Guildford on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45pm
- TVKarl Burnett quits Celebrity Treasure Island as mental health suffers
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- Married at First SightMAFS' Cyrell Paule is expecting a baby with Love Island's Eden Dally
Now To LoveYesterday 1:21pm
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry jet off on another family holiday to the south of France
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyWhy Karl Burnett is hoping to be voted off Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am