For working mum Laura Byrne, life is all about a balance of trying to do the right thing, without making daily tasks onerous.
She and her husband and their six-year-old son are a "typical Kiwi family" she says. Living in Point Chevalier in Auckland, they enjoy exploring the neighbourhood on their bikes, hitting the beach in summer and making the most of the local amenities.
Laura has recently begun brewing her own kombucha and has brought beehives onto their property as a way of increasing the bee population in their area.
"My rule of thumb for household products, which I also apply to food I buy, is that if I'm unsure of what the ingredients are, I'll try to stay away. I've switched all my cleaning and body products to ecostore, because it's an easy way to do it. It started when I was pregnant with my son – I was looking for products that are less harsh on the body and the environment without having to make things from scratch myself."
"We're a one-car family and my husband bought an e-bike a year ago. He's just about paid it off through savings on bus fares and it now takes him 17 minutes to commute from door-to-door, whereas the bus took 40 minutes. Plus, going to and from work every day he gets exercise that he wouldn't have otherwise."
Brushing our teeth is a habit ingrained in us long ago, so make it a more sustainable practice with ecostore's new oral care range. ecostore toothpaste and mouthwash uses naturally derived ingredients including magnolia bark extract and Kanuka oil to freshen and clean, and protect against germs that cause bad breath. The mouthwash packaging is made from plant plastic – as is the toothbrush – ensuring they are safer for you and the planet.
The ecostore oral care range is available now in supermarkets nationwide, from $4.99.
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019