Cook time: 20 mins + BBQ preheating time
2 cups self raising flour
½ tsp salt
½ cup Yolo parmesan, finely grated
2 eggs, separated
1 ½ cups milk
100ml cooking oil, plus extra for waffle iron
Cooking oil, for frying
4 Angel Bay gourmet lite beef patties
1 pack Farmland Grillmaster bbq bacon thick cut with bbq glaze
1 pack Yolo Halloumi, sliced
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 NZ Avocado, mashed
1 cup Superb Herb crazy peas
- For the waffles: Sift flour and salt into a large bowl. Pour in parmesan and mix well.
- In another bowl, use your Braun multiquick 9 hand blender to whisk egg yolks, milk and oil together. Pour into dry ingredients and mix well.
- With your Braun multiquick, whisk egg whites until stiff then fold into batter.
- Preheat waffle iron and grease with oil if necessary.
- Ladle in waffle mix and cook as per iron's instructions. Set waffles aside.
- For the sandwich ingredients: Preheat the barbecue to medium heat. Liberally drizzle with oil.
- Spread beef patties and bacon on the hot barbecue. Turn after 5 minutes, then cook for another 5 minutes. Remove bacon and finish cooking patties until fully cooked through, about another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drizzle oil over the flat side of the barbecue. Crack eggs on and season with salt and pepper. Add halloumi slices and fry to your liking.
- Load waffles up with mashed avocado, crazy peas, halloumi, a beef patty, bacon and a fried egg. Top with a waffle (for sandwich lovers). Tuck in!